6x9 = 2

8cx7 = 2

8dx7 = 2

6,7,8c,9 = 4

6,7,8d,9 = 4

pair of 8's = 2

How did you get 28?

:iagree:

There's no way to get 28 unless you have three fives and a jack in your hand, and then the draw card is a five that's NOT in the same suit as the jack. (If it IS the same suit, then you get the highest score possible of 29).

For those that know Cribbage can you score this hand for me.

6c, 9c, 8c, 8d

Starter 7d

I came up with 28, but I'm not sure I'm counting the runs correctly.

I'm only counting 16, but it's been a while. The runs count like this:

6c, 7d, 8c, 9c = 4 points

6c, 7d, 8d, 9c = 4 points

8c, 8d = 2 points

(So this run would count total 10 points instead of the usual 8 for the double run plus the pair).

Your additional points for the 15's are:

6c, 9c = 2 points

8c, 7d = 2 points

8d, 7d = 2 points

making a grand total of 16 points.

I know it doesn't seem like a lot, since it really is a great hand. But the biggest hand possible is 29 points. It's a double *double* run that gets you the points- like if you would have had a 7c instead of a 6c in your hand. Then you get to count the run twice- like:

7c, 8c, 9c = 3pts

7c, 8d, 9c = 3pts

7d, 8c, 9c = 3pts

7d, 8d, 9c = 3pts

plus your 2 pair for a total of 16 points, THEN add the 15's for an additional 8. You would have had 24 points in that case.

I hope I'm counting correctly and that it wasn't too confusing or too much information.

Hope that helped.

I came up with 16.

6x9 = 2

8cx7 = 2

8dx7 = 2

6,7,8c,9 = 4

6,7,8d,9 = 4

pair of 8's = 2

How did you get 28?

I think she counted

678 2 times

789 2 times

for 12 more points.

That is what I did. There are runs of 3 and runs of four in there.

16 here as well.

I am so pleased to see that people still play crib.

My granddad taught me, and I have been teaching my ds. I'm a little rusty, but it is nice to be able to play again.

Same here! Only it was my grandMA instead of a grandpa. We play quite a bit and the kids pick up on it early. A few years ago I was completely addicted to playing at Yahoo Games. I would play for hours (against real people). They were cut-throat over there!!! Hesitate for a few seconds and they'd get on you. But it was fun all the same.

16 here as well.

My granddad taught me, and I have been teaching my ds. I'm a little rusty, but it is nice to be able to play again.

My sister taught me years ago and I'm teaching my son. We bought a 29 board at a garage sale last weekend. He has beat me every hand so far. :glare: That was his hand and he was going to score it at 4. :lol: I'm sticking with 28 unless someone can tell me you can't score the 3 and 4 runs! ;)

Edited by Tam101

16 here as well.

I also have great memories of cribbage with my Papa. :)

I'd count the OPs hand as 16 as well. 3 sets of 15=6, two runs of 4=8, and a pair=2. I've never heard of counting a run of 4 as two runs of 3 as well. I'll have to remember that new rule next time I need a win. :lol:

My sister taught me years ago and I'm teaching my son. We bought a 29 board at a garage sale last weekend. He has beat me every hand so far. :glare: That was his hand and he was going to score it at 4. :lol: I'm sticking with 28 unless someone can tell me you can't score the 3 and 4 runs! ;)

You can't score the 3 and 4 runs. It's all one run. Sorry! But at least this way you won't be so far behind your son!

Ok, you all are right. :tongue_smilie:

"Three cards of consecutive rank (irrespective of suit), such as ace-2-3, score 3 points for a run. A hand such as 6-7-7-8 contains two runs of 3 (as well as two fifteens and a pair) and so would score 12 altogether. A run of four cards, such as 9-10-J-Q scores 4 points (this is slightly illogical - you might expect it to score 6 because it contains two runs of 3, but it doesn't. The runs of 3 within it don't count - you just get 4), and a run of five cards scores 5."