Menu

DisneyLAND discounts?

You can buy 3-day tickets at the grocery store right now for $108. (I know you don't have 3 days...but even if you only have 2 days, it's still cheaper to buy the 3-day ticket this way). Disclaimer: The tickets say they are for SoCal residents only. But I have had visiting friends and family use these, and know many others who use them without problem.

Unfortunately discounts for 1-day tickets are almost non-existent. Even my sister, who is a travel agent, only got a tiny discount when we took her to Disneyland last year.

Disneyland doesn't offer much in the way of discounts for 1 or 2 day tickets. Starting at 3 days there is about a $20 discount available, but that doesn't sound like it will help you any.

If you're staying at a "Good Neighbor Hotel" they sometimes offer discounts on short tickets, but even those discounts will be small. Online Disney's website doesn't even offer a discount for the print at home on 1 and 2 days. I think this is all their way of "encouraging" you to stay a little longer.

The new World of Color just opened this week at California Adventures, so if you're willing to brave the crowds you can enjoy a really spectacular show. To give you an idea of the crowds...the viewing area accomodates 9,000 people. Shows are at 9pm and 10:15pm. The second show is typically less crowded (but since it's new, it's still going to be quite crowded).

Be glad you're not going tomorrow or Thursday....grad night will close the park early. This weekend Disneyland is open until midnight, California Adventure until 10pm (yes, World of Color doesn't start until after that, you just can't enter DCA after 10pm)

There is also Live Outdoor Entertainment this weekend in Downtown Disney (no ticket needed) from 6 to 10pm Latin music near House of Blues, Classical Violin near Naples Ristorante and Acoustical Guitar near La Brea Bakery.

I'd go with a native and let them buy the tickets. Locals get a discount. At least, this is what we have done the two times we visited my folks/sister in CA. They do check the zip code of the id of the person buying the tickets.

World of Color would be hard to see unless you want to wait in line before the gates open to run to get a FastPass for it. Go to http://miceage.micechat.com/ and poke around for tips and more info.

PS - the viewing area was supposed to be 9,000 people. It actually is closer to 4,000 now :-( (factoid gleaned from Miceage) PPS they are doing three shows a night - last one about 11:15 pm (!!!) and it , too, needs a Fastpass.

For one day I would not even bother with it - just do regular Disneyland!!!

(disclaimer - I worked at D'LAND back in the '80s - more recently my bil was Guest Relations/tour guide. I read Miceage daily 'cause I am homesick.)

Edited by JFSinIL

PS - the viewing area was supposed to be 9,000 people. It actually is closer to 4,000 now :-( (factoid gleaned from Miceage) PPS they are doing three shows a night - last one about 11:15 pm (!!!) and it , too, needs a Fastpass.

According to the brochure that they were passing out on opening day it says 9,000 people. They added the 3rd show this past weekend, but it's not every night and not listed on the schedule of events for this week nor on the calendar.

Yes, definitely get a Fastpass if you want to have a seat...we had reserved seating both times we went. The third night we tried (Sunday) we hadn't gotten Fastpass because we didn't think we wanted to see it again, but then tried....there was standing room where you could see some of the show but not as much as you really should. FP's are handed out each morning at the Grizzly FP machine and the line apparently starting forming about an hour or more before park opening.

Unless you go to Disneyland often, I would disagree with passing it up....it's a fantastic show, one of the best I've seen Disney do (and I've been to DL, WDW, Hong Kong and Toyko...haven't made it to Paris yet, sigh). But...I'm a Disney freak in case you couldn't tell, lol.

According to the brochure that they were passing out on opening day it says 9,000 people. They added the 3rd show this past weekend, but it's not every night and not listed on the schedule of events for this week nor on the calendar.

Yes, definitely get a Fastpass if you want to have a seat...we had reserved seating both times we went. The third night we tried (Sunday) we hadn't gotten Fastpass because we didn't think we wanted to see it again, but then tried....there was standing room where you could see some of the show but not as much as you really should. FP's are handed out each morning at the Grizzly FP machine and the line apparently starting forming about an hour or more before park opening.

Unless you go to Disneyland often, I would disagree with passing it up....it's a fantastic show, one of the best I've seen Disney do (and I've been to DL, WDW, Hong Kong and Toyko...haven't made it to Paris yet, sigh). But...I'm a Disney freak in case you couldn't tell, lol.

From MiceAge "The viewing area is now thought to max out at around 4,000 spectators, and up to 2,000 spaces are being reserved at each show for the extra-cost Dining Packages that Anaheim’s infamously disorganized Food & Beverage Department is rushing into production. By 10:00 AM, DCA will open as normal for the day, and the World of Color Fastpass distribution process could be winding down not long after. " entire article at http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al060110a.htm and it is not seating, it is standing.