Menu

Guess what size clothes I just bought for my 7 month old son?

24 months.

Nope, not kidding. I went to the Carter's outlet today because I cannot squish his chubby little self into the PJ's he has any longer, and they had lots of great stuff 70% off. Woo hoo!

I bought a few 24 month things, thinking they'd be for fall. I did read the sizes on the tags.

I came home, and tried on some of the 18 month things, and while they fit and there was some room to grow, there wasn't a ton, and the ladies at the store told me they would shrink up a bit. The 24 month stuff is a little big, but not outrageously so, so dh and I agreed that it would make more sense to get everything 24 months now because he seems to be chunking up to grow AGAIN.

My girlies were big babies too, but this caught me by surprise. Crazy boy.

Wow!! That's one big boy! How much does he weigh? You could pass along his hand-me-downs to my petite dd! At 26 months, she's still wearing mostly 12 or 18 month clothing. She only weighs 21 pounds though. Tiny!

Well, at 6 months and 10 days he weighed 21 lbs 7 ounces. He was 28.75" I think he has sprouted since then though because he's almost maxed out the straps for his car seat - we got one of the new infant seats that is supposed to hold a baby up to something like 30 lbs and 32 inches but his feet are already touching the back of the seat in the car. Sigh.

24 months.

Nope, not kidding. I went to the Carter's outlet today because I cannot squish his chubby little self into the PJ's he has any longer, and they had lots of great stuff 70% off. Woo hoo!

I bought a few 24 month things, thinking they'd be for fall. I did read the sizes on the tags.

I came home, and tried on some of the 18 month things, and while they fit and there was some room to grow, there wasn't a ton, and the ladies at the store told me they would shrink up a bit. The 24 month stuff is a little big, but not outrageously so, so dh and I agreed that it would make more sense to get everything 24 months now because he seems to be chunking up to grow AGAIN.

My girlies were big babies too, but this caught me by surprise. Crazy boy.

:lol: My 4 year old ds, right this minute, is wearing 2T pants and a 24 month shirt. There is a reason we call him Peanut :001_huh:.

By the time he's one, he might be wearing bigger sizes than my 4.5yo ds. He still wears size 24 month or 2T pants. He just started wearing some 3T pants that have the adjustable waist band, so I can cinch the waist in all the way. He finally outgrew his 12 months swimming trunks this year that he had worn for four summers and graduated to 2T.

Carter's runs a size smaller in my opinion, their 24 months fit like others 18 months sizes. I feel for you, my newly turned 2 year old is a hair under 36" and weighs around 29 lbs. He's in a 3T and a size 8 1/2 shoe. I got out my daughters Easter dress from when she was 4, and put it on him (to irritate my DH) and the shoes that went with it were size 9, and she was 4y3m when she wore them! The dress fit only a little loosely too. I don't normally dress my son as a girl, it was a joke for my DH :o)

She was in 18-24mth at 6mo and 20+lbs. In fact when she was 10-12mo I had to buy her 24mo outfits that didn't have waist bands. She couldn't fit in anything that had a waist! She started taking steps about 12-13mo and walked steadily at 15-16mth old. She is now 17mo and is growing more steady in her weight/size since she was about 13mo. I think it has to do with her walking and getting around so much more. She has gained weight and height since then but at a much slower, steady rate instead of the great leaps and bounds as before. She is now 32lbs, in 2T-3Ts in pants with a generous waist and 3Ts or even 4Ts in some short sleeved shirts. We have some great consignment stores here so I try to buy used clothes when I can so they are already preshrunk. :)

It is so much fun packing a sleepy 32lb infant/toddler around a store!

Hope you have a slow growing summer!

Abbey,

Daniel was in 4Ts FOREVER. He came home from India in 3-4Ts and only outgrew the last of his elastic-waisted 4T shorts last summer (at age 8)!

He just turned nine, but he only wears 7s (slims). :svengo: He can wear 6s in shorts, but his legs are (finally) long enough to need 7s in pants. He's only able to wear adjustable waist 7 Slims, though. Size 6-7 "regulars" just dwarf him. The "slims" are too big in the waist/bottom, too, but they can be ratcheted down with the adjustable waist. (Thank goodness for the woman/women who consign their gently used GAP/Levi's 7 slims at our local consignment store!)

Maya (nearly 13) is going to have a hard time buying clothes soon. She's going to top out at about 4-9/4-10 tall, and weighs about 90lbs soaking wet, :nopity: but she's filling out. Right now, she's doing well in kids' 12 slims. Pretty soon, though, she'll be the wrong shape for kids' clothes, but too short for size zero women's pants. Poor kid!

Lisa

who skipped from kids' sizes to womens' size 10 (and eventually on to 14s) w/ barely a minute in between!

The hardest part about big babies is hauling them around in those car carriers! When mine were small, no one had yet thought to invent the contoured handle thingies that they have now, so I had wrist, shoulder, and back trauma going all at once! I feel for you, 'Reds! I'm sure he's adorable. Any photos to share?

Our youngest started off with a bang, but did not sustain it. She was 9.4 at birth, but quickly leveled off and is now our petite little thing. At 11+, she still wears size 8 pants. Her big sis' (13), otoh, who was a full pound lighter at birth, wears a size 9 shoe and size 5 women's pants. You just never know!

Kiss that little round head for me!

Doran

I gotta tell you, Doran, he's about done with the infant carrier! We got one that was supposed to last until he turned 1 - it, in theory, holds a baby up to 32 pounds and 30 inches. However, he's already maxed out the straps and his feet are touching the back of the seat in the car, so I guess we're moving up.

And, you lucky woman, I DO have some pictures! :D

Here he is after his sisters dressed him up:

IsaacPrincess.jpg

Enjoying the "big boy" bath tub now that he can sit up:

1.jpg

Sleeping on his sister - she was thrilled:

2.jpg

Sitting up now - can you believe it?

3.jpg

Mmmmm....Toes! So tasty!

4.jpg

The crew on Easter:

5.jpg

Looking all grown up in his baseball hat - except for the fuzzy bear ears on his jacket:

6.jpg

See, now that's what happens when you ask for pictures - way more than you wanted, I'm sure. He is the best baby in the world, and I will certainly give his punkin head a kiss for you. (Thanks for asking about him. You made my day.)

Carter's runs a size smaller in my opinion, their 24 months fit like others 18 months sizes. I feel for you, my newly turned 2 year old is a hair under 36" and weighs around 29 lbs. He's in a 3T and a size 8 1/2 shoe. I got out my daughters Easter dress from when she was 4, and put it on him (to irritate my DH) and the shoes that went with it were size 9, and she was 4y3m when she wore them! The dress fit only a little loosely too. I don't normally dress my son as a girl, it was a joke for my DH :o)

I always thought Carter's was a size small, but they've redone their sizing, I thought, and those 18 month things looked so BIG! My girls were big babies, too, but not quite to this degree. My 8 year old is in size 14 and has size 5 shoes - she has never stopped growing like a weed, LOL! My poor 7 yo is probably "average" sized, but she feels tiny next to her Amazonian sister.

The good news is that Schmooey will be able to take care of himself sooner rather than later when his sisters try to get him to do silly things like wear princess clothing. See pics above. :)

Beth, your kids are adorable. I only take issue with one thing....*I* have the best baby in the world. He's only 3 mos old, but at 16 lbs, he's on track to catch up with your guy.:001_smile:

You know, it's funny, whenever you read reviews of baby products on Amazon or wherever, people always sign, "Joe, dad of the cutest baby in the world, NJ, US," etc. I always think, "Ha! You are not, because I am the mom of the cutest baby!" Good thing we all think that. :D

I gotta tell you, Doran, he's about done with the infant carrier! We got one that was supposed to last until he turned 1 - it, in theory, holds a baby up to 32 pounds and 30 inches. However, he's already maxed out the straps and his feet are touching the back of the seat in the car, so I guess we're moving up.

Oh. My. Goodness!! I could just eat him! He is so cute!!! And, your daughters are adorable, too. No kidding, three little reds! Except littlest ain't so little for his age, is he?

Beth, I know you are one happy momma! Thanks for sharing those pics.

Doran