Menu

s/o organic stuff

Ok- I'm frustrated! All of the organic shampoo in my house was on the fake list. What???? I really just want good smelling shampoo. The tea tree shampoo makes me happy as I have an irrational fear of lice coming into my house. (Not normal, but it is what it is! :001_smile:)

Any thoughts? Tell me what to buy, and I will buy it!! Help!!

So far, I understand that Jason, Kiss My Face, Nature's Gate, and anything else I have ever heard of is not really organic and in some cases, has harmful junk in it. (Junk is a technical term!)

Thanks my people and keep the specific brand names comin'!

Ugh....I am SO with you. How in the world can companies claim to be organic, only to put the bad stuff in their products? I think that's horrible!!

I have the Kiss My Face brand of shampoo in my bathroom right now! And the Tom's toothpaste. Guess it's back to the drawing board.

I really dislike organic shampoos....I wish I could find one that lathers well and doesnt leave my hair a tangled mess.

Apparently what we use is a hazard of 3 on there. :( But, we can't use anything with anything synthetic in it, nor anything with gluten (including oat protein). For the most part, the kids are fine with baking soda and vinegar rinses, but I need conditioner or I could never get my hair combed out in the morning.

I really dislike organic shampoos....I wish I could find one that lathers well and doesnt leave my hair a tangled mess.

You really might look into the Chagrin Valley shampoo bars. It took about a month to get all the residue from the conventional products off my hair (my hair felt funky for a month), but even during that time, I've never had to use a conditioner with them - and I have thick, dry hair. They lather up really nicely and I can comb through my hair easily afterwards.

My dh has watched me use them for a few years, but just wasn't ready to give up his regular shampoo and conditioner til a couple weeks ago and asked out of the blue to start using them. And he really likes them. No conditioner for him, either. And he hasn't had the funky feeling hair issue - so I guess not everyone has to deal with that when switching.

Apparently what we use is a hazard of 3 on there. :( But, we can't use anything with anything synthetic in it, nor anything with gluten (including oat protein). For the most part, the kids are fine with baking soda and vinegar rinses, but I need conditioner or I could never get my hair combed out in the morning.

Try coconut oil as a leave in conditioner. I have past my waist hair and it's very thick. It was a dry tangled mess when I switched to baking soda and vinegar. Somewhere I read something about coconut oil and it worked fantastic (just don't overdo it or it will be greasy). My hair has never been in better shape.

Ok- I'm frustrated! All of the organic shampoo in my house was on the fake list. What???? I really just want good smelling shampoo. The tea tree shampoo makes me happy as I have an irrational fear of lice coming into my house. (Not normal, but it is what it is! :001_smile:)

Any thoughts? Tell me what to buy, and I will buy it!! Help!!

So far, I understand that Jason, Kiss My Face, Nature's Gate, and anything else I have ever heard of is not really organic and in some cases, has harmful junk in it. (Junk is a technical term!)

Thanks my people and keep the specific brand names comin'!

where is this list...I NEED to see it...I have alwyas wondered about this..why wouldn't a money hungry company jump on the organic bandwagon if they knew it would make them money....big companies can lie and get away with it....