Menu

Is anyone reading The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner?

I can't wait! I wish she would finish writing Midnight Sun. If you don't know, it's Twilight from Edward's POV. She was apparently writing it and it got leaked on the internet, so she quit. She went ahead and posted the first 12 chapters though on her website. It's soooo much better than Twilight. Of course that could be because it's all Edward all the time and none of the whining Bella. :lol:

I wasn't going to read it, knowing the way it had to end. But I caved and read it, and got totally invested in Bree- I really wish Carlisle (sp?) hadn't caught her! I did enjoy what/how she communicated to Edward.

I also really with she'd finish midnight sun, the other character spin offs she has mentioned would be interesting, but nothing could come close to a completely MNS!!

Aw, geez. I started reading it, too.

I'd be all about buying Midnight Sun, if she'd put it out! Silly woman would make tons of $$ if she published it. I suppose she's holding it back on principle, but I'd really like a copy :D.

Huzzah! More MNS lovers! Am I right? It is better than Twilight. And sure I could be biased (if you read my blog you'd know how much Edward means to me) because it is from his POV and yes, I would give anything to be in his head (and maybe have him bite a few pillows with me-I'm just sayin), but I really think it's better developed than Twilight. I'm so hoping that the pp is right and it will be released in a special edition when the last movie comes out. I would geek myself out with a Team Edward shirt, run to my local books store and beat down all the screaming teenage girls to get my copy. :D

Yep, its a temper tantrum, she has millions of fans that want to read the book, write it already!

You know, this is really unfair to the author. I worked in publishing for seven years and have known many, many authors. A theft of this nature is a massive violation and deeply upsetting. Calling it a "temper tantrum" makes it sound petty--it really, truly is not.

I just finished reading Bree's story. It was actually really good. I have to tell you as much as I love the Twilight series story, I hate Stephanie's writing. I don't think she's good at it technically. Bree's story was better written IMO than the other books. I'm sad that Bree dies after reading her story. I quite liked her. If only she could have joined the Cullen's like Carlisle offered. Stupid Volturi.

SPOILER ALERT

DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU HAVEN'T READ BREE'S STORY

STOP RIGHT NOW

TURN BACK

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

SPOILER ALERT

Does anyone remember if Fred shows up in Breaking Dawn? There were so many vampires, but I don't remember him. Now I'm curious to know what happened to Fred and how things played out for him. Of course if she would publish MNS I wouldn't care any more. :D

I would geek myself out with a Team Edward shirt, run to my local books store and beat down all the screaming teenage girls to get my copy. :D

I've read this three times and I'm still laughing :D

My "temper tantrum" comment was a flippant one, not serious.

I'm sure having someone close to you leak something like that would be a very painful betrayal, but from a fan standpoint, I stick with it feels like a childs temper tantrum.

I truly hope that after BD 1/2 is released and the current furor dies down that she releases a finished MNS. I agree, the story IS better from his POV, a much fuller story.

I would personally buy the entire set over again in hardcover if that is how MNS is released :D

The most current blog entry on her MNS page says that it is on hold indefinitely.

I kind of figured she needed a break from the Twilight world but it seems like with the Bree Tanner book she is getting back into it a bit and so I am hopeful that she has had enough of a break that she can go back to MNS refreshed and with new eyes.

I remembered what she said, in some interview last winter - that she was planning to finish it,but she wanted to wait until people had forgotten about it. She said something along the lines of "I want people to stop buzzing about it. Once it falls of the radar and people aren't asking anymore, then I can refocus on it. I want a good two years of quiet about Midnight Sun, and then I'll pick up writing it again and surprise everyone." Two years of quiet? um..... I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon. So please, let's stop talking about it to help out! :lol:

To a PP - no, Fred did not appear in Breaking Dawn. Although if he did, would anyone have noticed him anyways? :lol:

I remembered what she said, in some interview last winter - that she was planning to finish it,but she wanted to wait until people had forgotten about it. She said something along the lines of "I want people to stop buzzing about it. Once it falls of the radar and people aren't asking anymore, then I can refocus on it. I want a good two years of quiet about Midnight Sun, and then I'll pick up writing it again and surprise everyone." Two years of quiet? um..... I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon. So please, let's stop talking about it to help out! :lol:

To a PP - no, Fred did not appear in Breaking Dawn. Although if he did, would anyone have noticed him anyways? :lol:

Well, it's been 2 years since it was leaked (June 2008), so I expect it to be available before Christmas. That's reasonable, right? :thumbup: