Menu

Weird problem with tiny blisters around mouth - ideas??

I have been having the strangest problem lately.

I have always gotten fever blisters. I've had them ever since I was a small child. I don't usually have more than a couple a year, but when I get them they are usually really big, make my lip swell in the area of the blister, and throb badly.

Lately though, I have been getting tiny, and I mean tiny (like they don't show) blisters all around the edges of my lips where the lip meets the skin. They are itchy and almost feel like a fever blister, but they go away in a day or two and it almost seems like they respond to my using lots of lip balm.

I was thinking they could be a reaction to my lipstick, toothpaste, or even my anti-depressants since they cause dry mouth.

Any ideas? This is getting very annoying!

Does it dry up after it blisters? Does it get better or worse after you use the lip balm? Could it be from stress?

I get something like that if I use the wrong cosmetics . It was once just Mary Kay, Covergirl and salicylic acid, but lately several other things seem to have set it off. I can't figure out what ingredient it is though. Mine always starts at the corners of my mouth and will spread over my whole face if I'm not careful. :001_huh: :glare:

yes, it does seem to improve with lots of lip balm.

I was considering that it might be something in my lipstick (though it shouldn't because it's Bare Minerals and/or Burt's Bees). I also thought maybe it was toothpaste because I read something about Sodium Lauryl Sulfate causing fever blisters. I have gone back to my natural toothpaste because I realized that I had been using my son's whitening Colgate and that it could be the cause.

I guess I'm just gonna have to play detective, but I was thinking maybe if someone else had dealt with something like this, they might be able to offer up some suggestions.

Pineapple?

Strawberries?

Kiwi fruit?

Sometimes those things make my lips itch (but never cause little bumps). :confused:

Could it be a heat rash?

Did you drink something too hot?

Have you had too much vitamin C lately?

Drink more water, see it that helps.

Leave your lipstick off for a few days.

Could you put lip balm and/or vitamin E oil and/or aloe on your lips?

HTH.

I have gone back to my natural toothpaste because I realized that I had been using my son's whitening Colgate and that it could be the cause.---

I get small blisters in that area, almost like pimples, when I use whitening toothpaste for an extended amount of time. I'm assuming it is somthing in the whitening ingredient. I just switch off and on every few days and I'm fine.

I have a different kind of eczema on my hands that looks like tiny blisters that itch horribly. Maybe it is something like that?

I had this too (for 12 years) until I found out I had celiac disease.. When I stopped eating gluten, the rash completely disappeared and hasn't come back. I hated that rash! It was always in the same place on my right hand.. Alway so itchy!! Don't miss it at all.