Menu

Saw "Wicked" last night here in LA...

I bought the tickets for my dh for Valentine's Day. I knew he would love it (loves theatre in general, stage musicals in particular) but I really enjoyed it! I couldn't get through the book because it was such a downer, but the musical was awesome! We had 4th row seats, and I realized how much of a difference sitting close makes... you can actually see people's faces and good acting is so much more powerful from just a few feet away, not mediated by a screen.

Anyhow, if you live someplace it is showing, I highly recommend it!

LUCKY!!!!!!!!!! The kids and I ***LOVE*** the music from Wicked. In fact I just had to shush ds because he was singing Loathing too loudly. I have watched a pirated version of the original cast on You Tube, and can't wait to see it live someday. I'm glad you enjoyed it. (By the way, I hated the book. For some reason I finished it and I was so mad at myself for wasting the time)

Ooooooh, I'm jealous!! I would love to see it.

I'm glad that you enjoyed it even though you're not so much of a "musical" person. Ahhh, someday, someday.

I eventually got to see Les Miserables.

I also want to see Spamalot. Oh well.

Pirated version on youtube, eh Mindy? Gotta check that out!

I We had 4th row seats, and I realized how much of a difference sitting close makes... you can actually see people's faces and good acting is so much more powerful from just a few feet away, not mediated by a screen.

:iagree:

We were on the 6th row at Les Mis in London - you could see Jean Valjean breathing deeply before "Bring Him Home" So glad you BOTH enjoyed the performance :)

I bought the tickets for my dh for Valentine's Day. I knew he would love it (loves theatre in general, stage musicals in particular) but I really enjoyed it! I couldn't get through the book because it was such a downer, but the musical was awesome! We had 4th row seats, and I realized how much of a difference sitting close makes... you can actually see people's faces and good acting is so much more powerful from just a few feet away, not mediated by a screen.

Anyhow, if you live someplace it is showing, I highly recommend it!

OOHHH !!! We LOOVEED the LA Cast!! All the females in the family (even the 4yr old) went to see it in LA and can't wait to go back!!

pop-u-lar..... is my 4 yr olds FAVORITE song and she can quote the entire soundtrack by heart!

BTW< did you catch Ceaser the dog whisperer on the set with the cast dog?

My hubby and I bought tickets for the entire family to see it at Christmas (at the Pantages in LA of course!). I had already seen it; a friend had taken me for my birthday, and I just knew my hubby and boys would enjoy it as well.

They loved it! I was the only girl in the group besides my oldest son's girlfriend whom we took with us, and I was a tad worried that they would hate it for some reason. Nope! :D It was a big hit.

My very favorite scene is the bedroom scene with Galinda bopping all around out of breath and talking to Elphaba....such a crack-up!!! Laugh out loud funny.

If you haven't seen Wicked....see it! It's a hoot. And I can attest that even boys like it...ages 10 to 43! I also recommend getting as close to the stage as you can since it's so much more enjoyable being able to see the actors expressions. The first time I went we were way in the back, the second time was up close; much better experience, though I enjoyed both times immensely. ;)

Lucky, lucky, lucky you! I'd love to take my kids to see that. We were near Chicago last month and I found out after returning home that it was playing there. Grrrrr! :glare:

I know exactly what you mean about being so close to the stage and seeing each facial expression. "Bring Him Home" in Les Mis brought me to tears!