Menu

Medical Bracelets or Necklaces

I'm not sure what conditions you are dealing with but these are the ones our geneticist and allergist send stuff on. This is the system where your important medical information is engraved (i.e. asthma, anaphylaxis) and they store detailed medical information available 24 hours should medical personal need it.

https://www.medicalert.org/join/KidSmartDetail.htm?selected=MedicAlert+Membership_MedicAlert+Kid+Smart

Ack. I can't get the link to go anywhere but the homepage but click the kidsmart link on the homepage.

Edited by sbgrace

I don't do cheap, as you never know what will happen.

I use Medic Alert. You purchase the "tag" in bracelet or necklace form and then on top of that you have a subscription.

The police or ER can call the number on the tag and get more information regarding the allergy issues/ medical conditions.

I've never needed them, but good backup plan.

Kris

Not a medical bracelet, but my husband uses Road ID. There's a phone number and code on it that the EMTs can access for full medical records. It also doesn't have to be updated all the time...the info is stored offsite and managed by the owner. There's a nominal yearly subscription. He was wearing it the day he was hit on his bike on the way home. He was conscious and could call me, but I was so glad that he had it on...

Thanks for the reminder that I still need to get one for my son!

I've heard to go with Medic Alert as that is what EMT's will be looking for. They may not realize that fancy bracelet is a medical id if it's not something they've seen before.

I'd love to hear from some of our hive med personnel on this one. Everyone I know with a med alert bracelet has told me that, when they have gone down (seizure, accident, you name it) their bracelets have been altogether ignored. I know mine has.

a

My son wears this one in yellow every time he leaves the house.

Unfortunately, I've also heard from a friend that her necklace hasn't been checked when she's been in the hospital - and she's got a latex allergy :(

We use the bracelet more for identification purposes but we don't rely on it for a sense of security.

I need to get one for dd and her pediatrician wanted me to go with medic alert. I plan to do that, but we are thinking of moving to India for 2 years sometime next spring (dh's company has an office there). Does anyone know where I can get foreign language translations for a medical alert bracelet? I would love it just to be a charm I could add with her allergies.

I need to get one for dd and her pediatrician wanted me to go with medic alert. I plan to do that, but we are thinking of moving to India for 2 years sometime next spring (dh's company has an office there). Does anyone know where I can get foreign language translations for a medical alert bracelet? I would love it just to be a charm I could add with her allergies.

You may find there is a Medic Alert in India. I know there is a NZ and Australian one. I'd aim to get the local one if there is one, that way the info is easier for them to obtain if needed.

You may find there is a Medic Alert in India. I know there is a NZ and Australian one. I'd aim to get the local one if there is one, that way the info is easier for them to obtain if needed.

That's a good idea, I really hadn't thought of that. We aren't for sure going, but her allergies are definitely of concern to me if we do. I wouldn't feel safe ever letting her out of my sight if she didn't have some sort of allergy warning on while we were in another country.

If nothing else, know the local spellings of any medications or foods that she may be allergic to, as well as the pronunciations of any medical conditions.

Where I live, my conditions and medications are actually spelled almost exactly the same as they are in English, but the pronunciations are so different that I have to say them in the local language for anyone to know what I'm talking about.

a