Menu

Best way to sell large collection of Playmobil?

My ds11 wants to sell his Playmobil collection. We're thinking of listing the things on ebay but are wondering which way might yield us more money. Do you think we should present the toys as individual sets or as lots? We'll be sorting it out today and I'm dreading it because he really has a big collection! :scared:

look at the bids on Playmobile lots and sets nearing the end of their time. Look a the "Buy Me Now" prices. That should give you an idea of how to group the toys, and reserves to set.

PS - he should save at least one fav. set for his kids someday!!!!! I am holding on to our Victorian Dollhouse and stuff for my grandkids!

We had a large lot of Playmobil stuff to sell and debated between Ebay and Craig's List. In the end we decided to try it first on Craig's List as one big lot. We used this as our first option because: it is free to post the ad, we wouldn't be obligated to sell it for less than we really wanted, and we didn't have to sort through every last piece...again.:D We were fortunate and sold it all in one lot for the price we were asking. Had that not worked however, we were going to try Ebay.

Good Luck.

PS - he should save at least one fav. set for his kids someday!!!!! I am holding on to our Victorian Dollhouse and stuff for my grandkids!

Yes! Save some for the grandkids. My MIL just gave my boys some old Battlestar Galactica space ships that had belonged to my DH. My boys were over the moon with toys that Daddy played with when he was little.

As far as the Playmobil and ebay, I suggest you search for closed items similar to what you're wanting to sell to see how they were listed and how much you can reasonably expect to get.

we will take them ;) Lego is bigger in our house, but playmobil is working its place in there.

I would suggest craigslist and then ebay. The cost of shipping something that large may be a turnoff. I don't have much experience with craigslist though and the thought of people I do not know coming to my house *shudder*. Tho I guess you could meet them at a mutual place.

Good luck!

I will put the list on the WTM sale board first and need to think about how to do shipping. We've been at this for 3 hours now. We're comparing the sets on the playmobil website to the large pile we have and trying our best to piece things together.

I told my son that we could probably get 50% retail. Is that too optimistic? He'd love more but only a few of the sets are absolutely complete. Most are missing small items here and there like a carton of milk, police helmet, fork, etc. The two biggest pieces he has is an Airport with Tower set and a very large Space Base (old, discontinued set that we got off ebay).