Menu

Horrid scene at baseball this weekend....

DS14 had a double header on Saturday. Very bizarre day. The other team was short a player, so they borrowed a player from another team. Shortly into the game the borrowed player called a time out and started running towards the bathrooms. Initially everyone waited. He didn't come back after about 10 minutes so they resumed the game without him. Later we see he is back. He goes to bat and runs to first base. When he turns towards our direction we see he has a huge brown stain on his hiney and down the legs. It looks like baseball dirt, but almost immediately we realize it isn't. I was so appalled. That poor kid didn't make it to the bathrooms and they put him back on the field!!!!! His mother ran to Academy, bought him new pants and he changed during a time out. Again, the boy called time and took off running to the bathroom and we saw him pull his pants down before he got there - he wasn't going to make it again. The mother starts running after him to help him, she falls and breaks her leg.:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Oh, and that was only one weird thing that happened that day.

Poor, poor child. At his age I cannot imagine anything more horrible.

I'd be scarred for life! I haven't been able to stop thinking about that poor kid.

Mrs. Mungo- I tend to agree about the karma thing. It wasn't just the mom though- the coaches apparently were fine with it too. Surprisingly, from what I saw, no one was making fun of him. Still, that poor boy.

I have no idea how she broke her leg because I didn't see it happen, but apparently she tripped over something.