Menu

Q about sending private messages

I've sent some private messages that I've no indication were ever received--or maybe they did and didn't answer (and of course, that is their choice):-).

So, do all of you check your private messages? Do you opt to have the little pop ups tell you that you have a message? or do you have an email sent to you to let you know that you have a message? or is this not used by most folks?

Sometimes I miss posts (I don't get here as much as I use to), so I do a search for my board name and see if I missed anything. Rather than answering an old post on the message board, at times I've opted to send a private message--but that doesn't seem to be working.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

I read and respond to the messages I get, but I recently made a mistake, and I know I deleted a couple of messages without reading and/or responding.

There is the option to save all of your messages as a text file, and I was trying to do that (I have received so many kind, supportive messages about my mom and my grandmother), but instead of hitting Save as TEXT in the little drop-down window, I clicked Delete.

They're gone, and I don't know who the messages were from that I hadn't read yet.:crying:

I don't receive any emails or pop ups when I have them, I just happen to notice the little number at the top of the page changes. :-)

This is how I learn of new PMs as well. I try to respond to let someone know I have received their PM but sometimes I forget or I put it off so long I'm embarrassed to.:blush:

I've sent some private messages that I've no indication were ever received--or maybe they did and didn't answer (and of course, that is their choice):-).

So, do all of you check your private messages? Do you opt to have the little pop ups tell you that you have a message? or do you have an email sent to you to let you know that you have a message? or is this not used by most folks?

Sometimes I miss posts (I don't get here as much as I use to), so I do a search for my board name and see if I missed anything. Rather than answering an old post on the message board, at times I've opted to send a private message--but that doesn't seem to be working.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

I have both e-mail notification and pop-up enabled for private messages. Otherwise, I don't think I would remember to check specifically for them. I've used pms quite a bit.

I have both e-mail notification and pop-up enabled for private messages. Otherwise, I don't think I would remember to check specifically for them. I've used pms quite a bit.

Me too. It's my favorite aspect of the new boards. And to answer Jean, I always answer my PM's, but if you aren't in the habit of looking at the top corner, it's possible to miss it.

Barb

Doh, it never occurred to me that I could re-set my options to get an email or pop up (thwacks head). I've just been checking the number up in the corner, since that's the default.

I know I've sent one that the person didn't reply to for a couple of days because she didn't notice it -- I don't think she realized PMs exist. If the default setting were a pop up or email it might grab people's attention more.

LOL at finding it in my tele!

Thanks, everyone. I'm guessing they did not know there was a PM waiting for them.

I've been on the road all day today and yesterday. I'm off to read a nonsense book until my eyes refuse to stay open...not gonna be too long.

:-) Jean