Menu

Found: awesome school desks!

I wanted to share this terrific find with you guys: Schoolhouse Desks With the 10% off coupon and free shipping they come to just over $100 a piece. I wish I'd found these years ago. They are lightweight enough to cart around from room to room if desired, small enough to fit in tight spaces (or behind one another to play "school" LOL), yet large enough to hold a mid-sized child comfortably. The chair is a little small and low for the height of the desk, something I found odd, but my 8yo just put a thin pillow on the chair to boost her a couple of inches. My kids are small, so these desks would fit the average sized 6yo-10yo. My 4 foot 9, 84lb 13yo still fits just fine but feels silly :tongue_smilie:

Barb

Oh! I meant to mention that my girls love playing historical games and these are great for imaginative play too. I probably should have waited for Christmas but really wanted to get started using them right away. It's so great to be liberated from the kitchen table.

Edited by Barb F. PA in AZ

Those look great!

We have a set of antique desks that I *love*, but I wish they were flip top instead of open front, what with little 3yo grabby hands on the loose. :glare:

It's nice to have a special spot to send them when the kitchen table gets too hectic!

What a great school room! I want a sofa like yours in my school room now:001_smile:.

Thanks! I got it from Craigslist for $125 last year. The seat width is full size and plenty big enough to do readalouds with one child on each side and pillows propping us up, but the arms are really narrow so the whole couch only takes up about 7 feet of wall space. Very important when you have lots of bookshelves to fit in a room :D

Here's a link to a similarly shaped sofa: http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=931&f=7516

Barb

I love your school room! It is a beautiful room that your children will love for years to come. I try to integrate our school areas into our entire living space: a library here, a music room there, a reading room here, library tables and desks there. That way it always looks homey and the kids never outgrow it. The desks are perfect. Not only are they they functional now but they will continue to be perfect decorator pieces long after the children outgrow them, not to mention it wil be perfect for the grandbabies once they come along.

• 1 month later...