Menu

Do I need the TM for R&S Eng. 3?

Sue G in PA

I also agree that it is helpful to have, especially for reminders for reviewing the material learned. But if you did that yourself it may not matter as much. I just know I would never remember what we had covered to review effectively. I also am glad for the answers to not have to carefully read each exercise to determine if it is correct. You could probably pick up the TM used fairly inexpensively on ebay or this forum.

I also agree that it is helpful to have, especially for reminders for reviewing the material learned. But if you did that yourself it may not matter as much. I just know I would never remember what we had covered to review effectively. I also am glad for the answers to not have to carefully read each exercise to determine if it is correct. You could probably pick up the TM used fairly inexpensively on ebay or this forum.

:iagree:

I have been using R&S English 3 this year, and do not have the teacher's manual. I have had absolutely no problems whatsoever implementing the program, and it's wonderful!

It may be more useful at the higher levels, where I would be less likely to know the answer, and I would use the TM for math, but for Engilsh 3, not necessary!

Well, I'm going to say yes, you need it. No, you don't need it for the grammar. you can easily teach the material from the children's book. Yes, you can figure out the answers to the exercises on your own. What you need it for is the organization. R&S is a much stronger program when used as intended. A child who simply moves from lesson to lesson is missing one key component, the daily oral review. Imho, this is one of the major keys to success using the book. It provides the repetition most children need in order to memorize and truly know many of the terms. It gives a brief daily practice of material just covered. It brings up old content that is about to show up in a lesson. It really cements everything together quite nicely.

Well, I'm going to say yes, you need it. No, you don't need it for the grammar. you can easily teach the material from the children's book. Yes, you can figure out the answers to the exercises on your own. What you need it for is the organization. R&S is a much stronger program when used as intended. A child who simply moves from lesson to lesson is missing one key component, the daily oral review. Imho, this is one of the major keys to success using the book. It provides the repetition most children need in order to memorize and truly know many of the terms. It gives a brief daily practice of material just covered. It brings up old content that is about to show up in a lesson. It really cements everything together quite nicely.

:iagree: I noticed a big difference when we started using the TM for the oral review instead of just going from lesson to lesson in the student book.

Jan

Well, I know all about trying to save a few pennies. :) If you are referring to English 3 Beginning Wisely TM, I have it and would be happy to give it to you if you pay to have it shipped. The pages are all clean and the inside cover says "seconds". Just PM me as I'm headed to the PO this morning to send some other items.