Menu

Missouri

Oh, that is funny. I never thought about the Arch. Arch in my case is short for Architect as I work part-time as an architect and am lucky enough to telecommute part-time thus the "At Home."

We are not officially a member of any homeschool groups. We are taking class at the Westport-Roanoke Community Center in midtown. I am looking for a group but it is tough to make them work as I homeschool mornings until about 1 or 1:30 pm and then dh takes over. So many homeschool activites extend past my witching hour.

Please tell me more about CPHE and LSHE. Would they have anything that would fit my timeframe? We are surrounded by unschoolers here. I am afraid that dc will someday catch on and want to do the same. It would be nice for them to know some more traditional homeschoolers.

I am still debating whether to attend the MPE conference. I attend the curriculum fair last year and enjoyed seeing a lot of different materials. We are pretty set in what we are going to do next year though I would like to see Simply States and Simply Presidents if they come to town.

Boy, I am pretty chatty this morning. It would be fun to get together. My dc are dd 8, dd 6, and ds 4.

Arch At Home

I like attending the MPE conference for all the break out sessions...I also use it to look at the curriculum "hands on" but usually buy it elsewhere or second hand.

I like CPHE and LSHE a lot because they have all different kinds of activities (field trips)...they take place at different times of day so I'm not sure if they would fit in your schedule or not. LSHE has a monthly meeting (I think CPHE does too but we're south so it would be a drive for us). CPHE is going to have a spelling bee in the spring which is always a great thing! They also do fun family activities, like one time we went to a medieval feast and I know last year they had a pilgrims Thanksgiving night (we didn't get to attend that one).

LSHE: (this is just the public page, there is a forum for members. I'm sure you could get more information by contacting from the public page)

http://www.homeschool-life.com/mo/lshe/?public=1

CPHE: (this has a yahoo group for members for group communication instead of a forum)

http://www.cphecorp.org/

I know that LSHE is faith-based, I don't remember about CPHE...I'm not sure if that matters to you or not.

I have two boys, 9yr and 6yr.

Hope this helps!

Angela

• 1 month later...

We're in the KC area, too! I'm really looking forward to the MPE Conference - it'll be my first Homeschool Conference and I'm simply salivating over the book fair. (Do you remember those days?:) Or am I just really wierd?:001_huh:) I've wondered if there are any other WTM/Classical Hschoolers around but hadn't thought to check this board before. I'm presently surrounded by a lot of pretty traditional hschoolers to whom I am very greatful for advice, rantings, etc. I don't know of any other classical families here, though.

Any advice on the area, etc.?

Good to know I'm not alone here!! :D

Mama Anna

• 4 weeks later...

Hey! A friend of mine is organizing a used curricula sale on the campus of Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary (Near Gladstone) this coming Saturday (April 19th). It's from 9am to 1pm. I hear that there are 35+ tables available and all of them have been taken. Maybe I'll see you there!

Regards,

Mama Anna

• 3 months later...

Hi Missourians! I'm Jenne, new to the board, accidental Missouri resident of almost nine years. We live in Jeff City, but I spend many of my days in Columbia. We're using a classical framework, but making some substitutions. Last year, we deschooled after six years in PS, but I think Nico is ready for more structure.

• 3 weeks later...

Chelle in MO and I would like to invite all WTM message board participants to meet us for a Missouri WTM get-together!! We are very excited to meet each other and would LOVE to meet more WTMers! :biggrinjester:

We are going to meet at Civic Park in O'Fallon, MO on Saturday, Sept 27 at 11:00am.

It would be a good idea to bring a picnic lunch or purchase some subs on your way to the park so we don't have to stop our fun for hungry tummies!!

Post here if you think you might be able to make it or if you have any questions.

We look forward to seeing you there! :party:

Blessings,

Angela

• 3 months later...