Menu

Is the Rainbow Science curriculum no longer available?

keithfamily5

I went online searching for samples and where to buy this and can't find any good links. I keep getting sent to www.beginningspublishing.com. It's not a valid website. I searched Rainbow Resource to see if they sold it. They only list a lab book and it's not available anymore. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

We tried Apologia General Science and in January when we were finishing Module 4, I finally gave in. It just wasn't working for my daughter. She can pass the tests (not with great grades), but it was just too heavy of a text for her. She just wasn't interested. I was hoping this might be a good alternative.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Patty

It is supposed to be, but it definitely isn't. I was just on the site a few weeks ago planning what I was going to purchase.

It looks like they didn't renew their domain name or something. I bet it'll be back up as soon as they figure that out and pay for it.

It is supposed to be, but it definitely isn't. I was just on the site a few weeks ago planning what I was going to purchase.

It looks like they didn't renew their domain name or something. I bet it'll be back up as soon as they figure that out and pay for it.

That is incredibly weird. I looked up Rainbow Science for the first time last night and the site I linked above was working just fine. :001_huh: Now, after I've linked it, it's not anymore. :tongue_smilie:

This is information on the web. http://www.manta.com/c/mmg5yx0/beginnings-pubg-house-inc

Maybe it will help you contact him. His website expired 4/3 and appears to be pending renewal.

DURELL C. DOBBINS

Beginnings Pubg House Inc

328 Shady Ln

Alvaton, KY 42122-9709

Phone: (270) 746-6651

dcdobbins@AOL.com

Edited by 2cents

Makes me wonder if the company has been in trouble for a while. They have missed deadlines for releasing "The Colours" for how long ? -- nearly two years ?

I'm counting on "Rainbow", as well as on a refill supplies kit for "Spectrum".

:confused: :confused: :confused:

On the other hand. I do find reviews sometimes which complain about numerous factual errors in the texts. If that is true, I don't want to buy Rainbow or reuse Spectrum.

Edited by Orthodox6

They probably did not renew the domain (an easy mistake to make, especially if a spam filter prevented them from getting renewal notices). Once it goes it is sometimes complicated to get it reinstated quickly. Some people may still be able to see the site if the pages are cached on their computer. I'm sure they are trying to do everything to get it worked out quickly -- if you need to get in touch with them, call.

I posted here yesterday, unable to access the website. The link works this morning. I have the curriculum and was using the website to look up the answers to the quizzes (because I am too cheap to print out the sixty-four pages:).

I'm printing them out now!

Meanwhile, I love Rainbow. Yes, I've read about the factual errors - I have documented them, and they are mostly in the biology section. This program is a great match for my non-science-y son. It is rigorous enough, without being wordy and complicated. Yes, the lessons are short, but the important points are made with very few words. I like that! It is easy to take notes and simple to study for. If my son remembers 90% of what he learned in this program, he will be more than ready for high school science.

As for what all you need, the materials in the kit are mostly things that you would have in your home. But, I wanted everything in one box in one place. I didn't want to have to plan ahead, looking at the experiments, and making sure we had everything. I've been doing that for years, and I was ready for someone else to put it together. Plus, there are a few items we'd have to order (like a long thermometer and other electric-type things). I know how I work and we'd end up skipping those experiments - I figured it is time for me to stop skipping stuff:). There might be a link on the website that lists the contents of the kit, so you can see for yourself if you could gather the items on your own.