Menu

Math Mammoth Co-op buy???

Am I the only one who hasn't received thier download yet????? I sent a message to the co-op asking about this. They responded by saying it would be sent no later than today. :glare: Still waiting..........

This was my first purchase with the co-op so, I guess I'm not familiar with how long these things take.

I ordered the CD because this Mac is funky and won't unZip (don't bother trying to tell me how - we've tried it all). Anyways I was concerned too and got an email that said that the way it works is that they wait until the close of the deal to submit all orders to the company from whom you are purchasing. Good info to know for future purchases. So in my case I still have another 10 days or so to wait. No biggie for the good deal I got tho!:D

I ordered the CD because this Mac is funky and won't unZip (don't bother trying to tell me how - we've tried it all). Anyways I was concerned too and got an email that said that the way it works is that they wait until the close of the deal to submit all orders to the company from whom you are purchasing. Good info to know for future purchases. So in my case I still have another 10 days or so to wait. No biggie for the good deal I got tho!:D

Me too! I'm in the boat with you waiting for the CD.

I too ordered the download. They said it would take one business day for Buyers Co-op and to give Math Mammoth 3 business days to process and get the Zip files out.

That puts us at April 6th at the latest. I'm still checking my email often though! Can wait! :D

I don't even see a charge for it on my checking account yet. I did get the initial $1.95 charge, but nothing more. I thought for sure I would at least have been charged for it by today. Anyway, I had decided that if I didn't see a charge by the end of banking hours today I would email the co-op, which I just did. :toetap05:

The co-op emailed me back:

Hi Robyn,

Thanks for checking in. We should be processing orders shortly. Please stay

tuned to your inbox for updated info.

Warm regards,

Jessica

Homeschool Buyers Co-op

Not the most detailed message ever, but at least it doesn't say "Oh yeah, Math Mammoth. I had forgotten about that." or something else suggesting a long wait.

I have purchased many items from HSBC (online subscriptions mostly), and it always takes a couple days longer that the "suggested" date on the site.

With as many orders as they have to process (not just for MM but all the other offers that have ended in the last week), I can't even begin to imagine how they get it all done in a couple days!

Cindy

Guest Homeschool Buyers Co-op

Sorry. Brett here. I was down with a bug over the weekend and was later than usual in processing the orders. I sent the order info yesterday (Monday, April 5) to Maria at Math Mammoth, and she notified me today that she filled all the PDF orders today. She will probably ship out the CD's tomorrow. We will send out an email notice when she tells us they have shipped. So if you ordered CD's, it will be a few more days. Again, I apologize for the delay. We're usually pretty good about filling the orders as promised in the Terms & Conditions.

Thanks for the update, Brett! I don't think anyone was terribly concerned about a slight delay in fulfillment, since it was pointed out that several co-op buys ended near the same time and would all need to be processed. That's a huge undertaking! I'm glad to know the CDs will ship soon! I am very excited to get mine.

Now.....how to organize it?!

I have a math binder for each child, with a plastic tab divider in it. I print out the table of contents for the book, and keep it in the very front of the binder, and I print out about a month's worth of lessons at a time and put them in the binder behind the tab. Each day I take out the next lesson from behind the tab, and when it's completed I check the work and place the pages in front of the tab (at the back of the completed work section). Then I mark the lesson complete on the ToC at the front of the binder, with the date and any comments. (You could also write the % correct for each lesson on the ToC, if you want to grade the work.)

ETA: If you don't like binders, you can also just print out a book at a time and have it spiral-bound at Kinkos or Staples, so it functions as a workbook.

Jackie

Edited by Corraleno

I have a math binder for each child, with a plastic tab divider in it. I print out the table of contents for the book, and keep it in the very front of the binder, and I print out about a month's worth of lessons at a time and put them in the binder behind the tab. Each day I take out the next lesson from behind the tab, and when it's completed I check the work and place the pages in front of the tab (at the back of the completed work section). Then I mark the lesson complete on the ToC at the front of the binder, with the date and any comments. (You could also write the % correct for each lesson on the ToC, if you want to grade the work.)

ETA: If you don't like binders, you can also just print out a book at a time and have it spiral-bound at Kinkos or Staples, so it functions as a workbook.

Jackie

Thanks Jackie! This is perfect! I think I will just keep them in binders for now, since that's what I have laying around but for future.....do you happen to know how much it is to have something spiral-bound at Kinkos?