Menu

How can I contact the moderator about the 50-post rule?

I was a regular here two years ago, while I was preparing to homeschool my daughter for a 4-year sailing trip. With great, huge sadness we've had to indefinitely postpone our plans.

I did SO much research and got SO much gret advice from you lovely folks about books and material... I now find myself with thousands of dollars worth of high school books and we've had to cancel our travel (and consequently home-school) plans :(

I came back here to post my books on the For Sale page, but it tells me I need 50 posts before I can do so. I guess all my older posts no longer count.

I feel like a lot of you would like the materials we bought, and I'm only listing them for what I paid... so it's not like I'm a commericial venture (which I assume the 50-post rule is about.) Does anyone know whether there's any way to have that waived? I'd hate to just post empty, dumb replies to threads just to make the 50-post quota :(

Thanks for all your input earlier. I'm really sad that we're not going to be doing this :(

Well, I sure feel silly now! There. 50 posts? I'll go over to the For Sale board and try again.

Thanks you all.

See. Now I'm even more sad not to be doing this homeschool thing.... you guys are great :)

Please don't be sad. Sorry about the change in your plans. Glad that this is straightened out for you and we can look at the great stuff you probably have for sale.

Thanks, everyone. I posted my list of high school stuff but I guess it takes a while to show up :confused:

O have a few elementary school things left over from a previous sailing trip that I will list tomorrow. But here's the high school list if you're interested!

GENERAL

Homeschooling: The Teen Years, by Cafi Cohen. Excellent as-new condition. $10, free shipping

The Well-Educated Mind, by Susan Wise Bauer. Excellent, unread condition. $10, free shipping

The Homeschooler’s Guide to Portfolios and Transcripts, by Loretta Heuer, M.Ed. Excellent, unread condition. $10, free shipping

Kaplan SAT-ACT-PSAT test prep CD-ROM set. 2005 Gold edition. Windows/Mac. $2, free shipping

MATH

Teaching Textbooks Pre-Algebra complete set. Excellent condition, purchased new and only 4 lessons were done. No writing. Textbook, Answer Key & Test Bank, Solutions CD, Lecture & Practice CDs, Test Solutions CD $165, free shipping

Teaching Textbooks Algebra 1 set. Excellent condition, purchased new and only 7 lessons were done. No writing. Textbook, Answer Key & Test Bank, Solutions CD, Lecture & Practice CDs, Test Solutions CD $165, free shipping

Teaching Textbooks Algebra 2 complete set. Very good condition, used once. No writing. Textbook, Answer Key & Test Bank, Solutions CD, Lecture & Practice CDs, Test Solutions CD $165 free shipping

Teaching Textbooks Geometry complete set. Excellent, as-new condition. May never have been used. complete set. Very good condition, used once. No writing. Textbook, Answer Key & Test Bank, Solutions CD, Lecture & Practice CDs, Test Solutions CD $165 free shipping

Teaching Textbooks Pre-Calculus set. Textbook in excellent condition. This was purhased before TT started publishing the test bank/answer key booklets, so those are included as they came from TT: as a PDF document. $50, free shipping

Glencoe Geometry Studentworks CD-ROM. All-in-one interactive student edition and student resources. Contains the complete student edition textbook, printable worksheet pages for study guide, practice, and enrichment, links to online resources and activities, and access to student worksheets. Version 1.1 Windows/Mac $10, free shipping

Saxon (with DIVE CD) Advanced Mathematics, An Incremental Development. Second Edition. Complete homeschool set includes: Textbook, Solutions Manual, Homeschool packet, Test Forms, and brand new, never used D.I.V.E. interactive video education CD. Windows version R1. $75, free shipping

The Calculus Tutoring Book by Carol and Robert B. Ash. Very good condition. $10, free shipping

FOREIGN LANGUAGES

Rosetta Stone Latin American SPANISH, Homeschool Edition. Complete Set! Level 1 & 2 Set. CD-Roms for Windows and Macintosh. $200, free shipping ( alot less than I paid but I think prices are going down on these?)

Glencoe Spanish 1: Buen Viaje! Teacher Wraparound Edition (Complete textbook plus extra notes for teachers... great for homeschool since it has lesson and assessment ideas and notes!) Never read. $10, free shipping

Glencoe Advanced Spanish Teachers or Homeschool Set: Galeria de Arte y Vida. Includes BRAND NEW textbook (Teacher’s Annotated Edition), Interactive Student Edition CD-ROM (complete student edition with links to online activities) Writing Activities Workbook and Audio Activities TE, Testing Program Workbook with CD, Adio Program CD Sampler, ExamView Testmaker CD-ROM, Fine Arts transparencies sampler, and complete 10-disc audio program set. $45, free shipping

Learn Spanish package:

Barron’s Spanish: Master the Basics, second edition. With extensive practice in reading comprehension and writing skills, definitions, verb tables, etc.

Cortina Method Conversational Spanish in 20 lessons

Spanish-English/English-Spanish dictionary

Berlitz Spanish for Travellers book and tape

Sparknotes Spanish Vocabulary Study Cards (1000 cards)

$9, free shipping

FRENCH (Ashworth curriculum)- Complete Brand New French One Homeschool set: Glencoe French One Bon Voyage Textbook, interactive Conversations CD-Rom, Studentworks plus CD-Rom (textbook/audio/workbooks) AND Complete Study guide and Exam Book from Ashworth University (previously James madison high School) never used! $40, free shipping

Latin Made Simple, by Rhoda Hendricks. A complete introductory course with practice readings and exercises plus a handy Latin-English Vocabulary. Good used condition. $3, free shipping

LANGUAGE ARTS

Glencoe Writer’s Choice Grammar and Composition Grade 11 $20, free shipping

Writer’s Choice: Grammar and Composition, an integrated language arts program, keeps pace with the current trends in the teaching of writing and related communication skills. Features in both the student and teacher editions build on a solid foundation of instruction including easy-to-understand explanations, clear-cut definitions, real-world examples, and skill-based assessment. The visuals and graphics throughout the textbook engage students' attention and illustrate key concepts and processes. Writer’s Choice provides students and teachers with the tools for developing skills in writing, reading, researching, speaking, listening, critical thinking, and viewing and representing.

Glencoe Writer’s Choice Grammar and Composition Grade 12 $20, free shipping

Writer’s Choice: Grammar and Composition, an integrated language arts program, keeps pace with the current trends in the teaching of writing and related communication skills. Features in both the student and teacher editions build on a solid foundation of instruction including easy-to-understand explanations, clear-cut definitions, real-world examples, and skill-based assessment. The visuals and graphics throughout the textbook engage students' attention and illustrate key concepts and processes. Writer’s Choice provides students and teachers with the tools for developing skills in writing, reading, researching, speaking, listening, critical thinking, and viewing and representing.

AP/Honors/College Writing: The McGraw-Hill Guide: Writing for College, Writing for Life. Brand new, perfect condition. $17, free shipping

LLATL Gold- British Literature package

Learning Language Through Literature: the Gold Book.

Set Includes Student book (contains answer key), plus the following books:

Animal Farm

Emma

Frankenstein

A Tale of two Cities

The Time Machine

The Mentor Book of Major British Poets

Student book has small amount of highlighter marks in 1st lesson only.

All other books are unread and pristine, except Animal Farm and British Poets have slightly bent covers from storage.

$35, free shipping

Vocabulary From Classical Roots B

Student book AND Teacher’s Guide/Answer key. New, unused. $15, free shipping

Vocabulary From Classical Roots C

Student Book AND Teacher’s guide/Answer key. Good used condition. $15, free shipping

Vocabulary From Classical Roots D

Teacher’s Guide/Answer Key. New, unused. $10, free shipping

Vocabulary From Classical Roots E

Student Book AND Test Booklet/Answer Key. New, unused. $15, free shipping

A Literature Approach to U.S. and World History, from the Civil War to Vietnam. By Rhea C. Berg. Senior High level. Lesson/study guide. $8, free shipping

SCIENCE:

Saxon Physics homeschool set minus textbook. Includes Solutions Manual, Home Study Packet Test Forms, and “Homeschool Packet†(3 pieces) $25, free shipping

Glencoe Physical Science with Earth Science 3 CD homeschool set.

Contains:

Glencoe Studentworks CD-Rom: complete student textbook on CD-Rom plus audio, workbooks, and more. Version 1.2 Windows/Mac

Glencoe Physical Science with Earth Science EXAM VIEW Assessment Suite CD-ROM. Version 5.0 Windows/Mac

Glencoe Physical Science with Earth Science Super DVD: contains Mind-jogger Videoquizzes, Video Labs, Lab Safety and Techniques, and Foldables video.

$40, free shipping

Glencoe Science Biology, the Dynamics of Life Vocabulary puzzlemaker CD-ROM Windows/Mac $5, free shipping

Glencoe Science Biology Virtual Labs CD-ROM Windows/Mac $25, free shipping

Holt Science Biology Video Labs on DVD: allows students to observe 43 complete biology labs in cell biology, genetics, evolution, ecology, diversity, plants, invertebrates, vertebrates, and human biology. $10, free shipping

High School Chemistry- Complete Homeschool Set, includes:

Glencoe Science CHEMISTRY Concepts and Applications textbook (brand new never read)

Study Guide

Problems And Solutions Manual

Exam Book... all by Ashworth University, previously named James Madison High School. Brand new set, contains everything you need to teach/learn high school chemistry

$50 free shipping

HISTORY/SOCIAL STUDIES:

High School History-

The Teaching Company WORLD HISTORY, The Fertile Crescent to the American Revolution, part 1, 2 and 3. 6 DVD set. 20 lessons, each 30 minutes long. PLUS Study Workbook for World History. Excellent. $75, free shipping

AP High School /College History-

Traditions & Encounters, A Global Perspective on the Past, by Jerry H. Bentley & Herb F. Ziegler. Third edition.

Volume One: From the beginning to 1500

Volume Two: From 1500 to the present.

includes Primary Source Investigator CD-ROMs

Excellent.

$50, free shipping

Indigenous Peoples of the World: the Pacific Islands, by Anne Wallace Sharp. Very good, ex-lib. $4, free shipping

A Literature Approach to U.S. and World History, from the Civil War to Vietnam. By Rhea C. Berg. Senior High level. Lesson/study guide. $8, free shipping

Edited by staceyneil