Menu

Food Revolutionaries: What are you doing about pet food?

• 3 months later...
It's a shame no one responded because I was going to ask this same thing about our cat. Maybe they'll pipe up now...we can hope :)

We feed Taste of the Wild for dry and all kinds of stuff, including raw medallions sometimes, for wet. Your going to make me get up and look at my cans, arent you? :tongue_smilie:

Right now I have some Merrick, Organix and Wellness cans and Nature's Variety chicken medallions. Merrick sells canned dog food that is grain free and 95ish% meat.

(And because we all like to know prices... The dry food is $25/15lb and lasts 7 cats 2-3 weeks depending on the time of year (they eat less in the summer). Only the older cats get regular wet food and it is $1-1.39/5oz can.)

I worked my up to grain free over 15 years or so because I was so disturbed at the low "food" content in traditional food. I kept upgrading every once in a while, trying as much as possible to extend my lifestyle to ALL members of my family :)

We go back and forth between EVO dog food - wet and dry as dear doggie won't eat plain dry food and raw chicken - but only if dh feeds him outside. Our poodle doesn't do the greatest with egg in the dog food, but I wanted him grain free (really want him gluten free as we are a GF house, but for now I'm happy it's at least grain free), and it's hard to find an all-natural, whole food, grain free, egg free food. So, EVO works well, and at least right now, he's eating 50% raw. Oh, and sometimes instead of putting canned EVO on his dry food, I'll top it with plain, whole milk yogurt. :) He is a wee bit spoiled, but we love him. :D

I feed my dogs raw from a local butcher.

My fosters are sometimes on raw & sometimes on Orijen.

beware the Natura co - Innova Evo, California natural etc were some of their brands - they were just bought out by Proctor & Gamble. Too bad as Evo was a pretty good food. I expect quality to go down & I wouldn't buy from them anyway as P&G conducts tests on animals.

I feed my dogs raw from a local butcher.

My fosters are sometimes on raw & sometimes on Orijen.

beware the Natura co - Innova Evo, California natural etc were some of their brands - they were just bought out by Proctor & Gamble. Too bad as Evo was a pretty good food. I expect quality to go down & I wouldn't buy from them anyway as P&G conducts tests on animals.

I so did not want to know that. :( I was finally happy with his food when we weren't feeding him raw. Oy ... back to the drawing board again. (I do appreciate the information, just bummed that I need to find an alternative that fits us.)