Menu

TOG LG book supplier?

caitlinsmom

In January I purchased the entire year book list for LG from bookshelf central. I never received the order and was pretty much told "Thats too bad." I have been dealing with disputes and what not for a while now. The money has finally been refunded.

So my question is.....is there another reputable book store that has all of the LG books available in one place and actually has dependable shipping?

I do not have the option of using the library and I cant wait for a million different vendors on Amazon to ship (we are moving in a few weeks).

WOW.:grouphug: That stinks.

I have used bookshelf four times with no problems so I think they are generally good. I get that you may not want to give them another chance. The only place I can think of is Barnes and Noble. They cost a little bit more but you get free shipping on orders over $25 so I use them a lot.

I've ordered my books from Amazon and Barns and Noble. With Amazon I normally save compared to Bookshelf Central even if I buy used and pay shipping. With Barnes and Noble make sure you go in and get a teacher card because now you can use them online and get 20% off.

I have found that there are some books I can only get at Bookshelf Central.

hth

Amazon is really good. I had an order not show up and I had to wait 45 days and they shipped a new one. You might want to check the lists feature on amazon. If someone created a list already for TOG that would save you the effort of typing in each thing. I haven't used TOG but I have done it for other things. Just double check the list first and click add all.

ETA: Barnes and Noble is also good. You can use your Educator Discount Card with online purchases.

Edited by JESSICAinMD

I have gotten some from Homeschool Library Builders. They do not have all of the Tapestry books, but they do have TOG in their search by curriculum feature. What I have gotten from them has been super cheap and great quality. I have found some books from Books a Million a little cheaper than BC, but most are more expensive. Also, you could check out the buy/ sell used curriculum on the TOG forum.

Edited by mrsrevmeg

I haven't ever seen a deal like this on amazon. Is it standard or part of Prime?

I believe that it's standard. It applies mostly to books under $10.00. I bought lots of our books from Half Price Books along with Amazon. There were only a couple that I could only buy from the bookshelf store, but this was for UG and D.

I haven't ever seen a deal like this on amazon. Is it standard or part of Prime?

I was price checking Y2 (book searching seems to be my hobby :) ) and 31 of the 53 books on my list were listed as 4 for 3 on Amazon. Right below the main book information it will say, "special offers and promotions". Like on this book

Brigids-Cloak-Ancient-Irish-Story . They take off the price of the cheapest book of course so if you have way to much time you can make multiple orders, to maximize your savings. HTH :)

It is standard. It generally only applies to full price books, and even some full price books that are in high demand are not included.

If you look at this Usborne book under the picture and Kindle stuff it has the orange title: Special Offers and Product Promotions. That is where it tells you that it is a 4 for the cost of 3 book.

One other thing to know about the promotion. If you order 8 books, and say 4 of them cost you $7 and 4 cost you $4. If you put them all in the same order you will get $8 off your total order. If instead you order the $7 books together (which would qualify for free shipping) you would save $7 there, then if you can group the $4 books with another set of $4 books, or with a book not included in the promotion (to qualify for free shipping) then you would save $4 on that order to. It increases your savings by $3 to order them separately because the offer says Amazon will give you the discount on the cheapest titles. If you force the cheapest title to be a more expensive book you get a bigger discount.

Heather

How do you get an educator card from B&N?

Go into a Barnes and Noble, tell them you are a homeschooler and fill out a form. I think I showed them my HSLDA member card to prove I was a homeschooler. I live in a state with no reporting and such, so I assume if one lives in a state with some type of registration, "proof" could be acquired in other ways.