Menu

Tomorrow is Pi Day (3-14) I need dinner ideas.

Tomorrow is Pi Day. For those not interested in math, Pi is written as 3.14 which could also be March 14.

I want to do a pi dinner. We are going to have pie for dessert and I am trying to decide between pot pie and pizza pie or something else for dinner. The issue is I am lactose intolerant and can't do either the creamy sauce for the pot pie or the mozzarella cheese on the pizza. So, does anyone have ideas for pi dinner that do not involve lots of milk products.

(I can take my lactaid tablets and make one of the ideas above but I would rather have food my body would actually like to have.)

How about a cheese-free pizza pie? Just load it up with veggies or whatever you like, and skip the cheese on yours. You could even let each person in the family make their own individual pie, that way you all get what you want on yours.

Oh, and these Pie in a Jar are fun, if you happen to have the right kind of jar laying around. :)

We're in the same boat only I have to avoid dairy completely due to nursing DD's allergy. I have a math lover in the family so I'd like to find a way to celebrate too.

I make chicken pesto pizza without the cheese. Or maybe you could try homemade chicken pot pie with dairy substitutes. This is my favorite pot pie recipe, though I haven't tried making it with dairy free substitutes yet.

My vote is for Shepherd's Pie -- I received some fabulous recipes from the wonderful ladies on this board a couple of weeks ago and that was one of them.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, oven died last night - cooktop works, oven doesn't. Two weeks till new one arrives -- I will need to be creative for Pi day!

ooooh!

Those pie pops look super cool. I think we may try them soon.

We are going to go with Build Your Own Pizza Pie and a Marion Berry Pie. I got the ingredients at the store when I went grocery shopping.

I would love to do shepard's pie but my husband had it too many times for hot lunch in elementary school and can't even think about it to this day. The spaghetti pie idea is cool too. I wonder if I can find another good occasion for a special dinner soon.