Menu

Using Honey for acne

I am not sure who it was that first suggested this (I looked for the thread, but could not find it). But, I want to say:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

I am here to tell you that this REALLY works!!!!

My son was having terrible trouble with acne. We spent loads of money on everything from ProActive to store bought Neutrogena. Now these may work for some, but they seemed to have made my sons acne worse.

I decided to give the honey a try. I maen for $4 it couldn't hurt right?

The honey has been a miracle for us.

He only uses it once a day. He rubs it on his face at night, plays on the computer for about 15-20 min and then washes it off.

I wish that I had some before and after pictures. Maybe I will try to get these and come back and post them.

Well, I just wanted to let people know about this. I think it is definitely worth a try!!!!

I am not sure who it was that first suggested this (I looked for the thread, but could not find it). But, I want to say:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

I am here to tell you that this REALLY works!!!!

My son was having terrible trouble with acne. We spent loads of money on everything from ProActive to store bought Neutrogena. Now these may work for some, but they seemed to have made my sons acne worse.

I decided to give the honey a try. I maen for $4 it couldn't hurt right?

The honey has been a miracle for us.

He only uses it once a day. He rubs it on his face at night, plays on the computer for about 15-20 min and then washes it off.

I wish that I had some before and after pictures. Maybe I will try to get these and come back and post them.

Well, I just wanted to let people know about this. I think it is definitely worth a try!!!!

Store bought honey or do I need to find raw honey somewhere? How quickly did you see results? I would LOVE to quit spending all the money for my daughter's skin stuff.

Thanks

I'm glad it worked for your son! I've been swearing by it for a year or so, and I have no intention of ever going back to harsh cleansers!

Question: Did his get worse at all before it got better? I had an annoying transition for a week or so.

Store bought honey or do I need to find raw honey somewhere? How quickly did you see results? I would LOVE to quit spending all the money for my daughter's skin stuff.

Thanks

Some people will say that it should be raw honey, but I do just fine with the cheap stuff from the grocery store. I save the expensive honey for eating. :) Admittedly, I did not have anything resembling severe acne - just a few annoying blemishes that usually corresponded with my cycle. I actually don't take the time to do a mask like the OP's son, but I probably would if my problem was worse. I just rub the honey into my face while in the shower and rise it off.

Annie,

If you are the one that suggested this a while ago, I thank you so much!!!

To answer your question, no I did not notice that it got worse before it got better. It actually started to work very quickly! My son is very grateful to you for sharing your discovery!!!

Honey for acne, who'da thunk?:D

I'm glad it worked for your son! I've been swearing by it for a year or so, and I have no intention of ever going back to harsh cleansers!

Question: Did his get worse at all before it got better? I had an annoying transition for a week or so.

Some people will say that it should be raw honey, but I do just fine with the cheap stuff from the grocery store. I save the expensive honey for eating. :) Admittedly, I did not have anything resembling severe acne - just a few annoying blemishes that usually corresponded with my cycle. I actually don't take the time to do a mask like the OP's son, but I probably would if my problem was worse. I just rub the honey into my face while in the shower and rise it off.

Okay, so tell me the regimen so that I can have my daughter try it. She has learning disabilities and can't seem to get it together enough to do ALL of the Proactive steps properly. If this is just an easy application type tihng I think it would be great for her. Can you tell me what steps need to be taken?

Thank you.

This is all he does:

Good Luck! I hope that it works for you.:)

Okay, so tell me the regimen so that I can have my daughter try it. She has learning disabilities and can't seem to get it together enough to do ALL of the Proactive steps properly. If this is just an easy application type tihng I think it would be great for her. Can you tell me what steps need to be taken?

Thank you.

This is all he does:

Good Luck! I hope that it works for you.:)

Does he wash it off with plain warm water?

That's wonderful.

Honey is amazing.

I use Honey and Breastmilk for EVERYTHING...:lol:

Honey for cough

Honey before bed helps the kids calm down and sleep better

Honey as a facial

Honey on bites and stings

Breastmilk for ear infections

Breastmilk for eye infections

Breastmilk on skin rashes

Yup I'm officially a crunchy junkie ;)

I prefer raw honey. The store bought honey does work but I find the raw works best. I wash my face with honey every day. Since I started doing this I no longer need to use an astringent. My kids use it and it works great for them, too.

I'm glad it is working for your son.

I think I might try the raw honey to see if it works even better. Thanks!

I did not realize that even people without acne problems are using honey to wash thier face. I think that I might try it myself!:)

w

I prefer raw honey. The store bought honey does work but I find the raw works best. I wash my face with honey every day. Since I started doing this I no longer need to use an astringent. My kids use it and it works great for them, too.

I'm glad it is working for your son.