Menu

What resources do you like re: GLUTEN FREE?

Well honestly, we loved the Bob's Mill products. They have tree nuts though so my son's new food allergies left us hanging for a month or two to find new products. I loved the Whole Foods brand(365) but they dropped it for Gluten Free Pantry who is now making all their GF products. So I stocked up on those ;-) We also like Cherrybrook Kitchen and Namaste products. The Bionature and Quinoa pastas are good. there is one that I also like...Tinkytinka? None save well though. Only cook what you need for the meal. The Enjoy Life brand is not bad for cookies and granola. We buy a lot of that for quick snacks/cereals. Lucy's cookies are on the market now in our area(and starbucks) and they are good.

I started buying stuff at Glutenfreemall.com and have been pleased. They send free samples too. OHHH, the ENjoy life brand has chocolate chips. I buy them in a 5lb bag. But they have 3 kinds of chocolate bars and I buy them all in bulk, lol!!

The Betty Crocker brand isn't our favorite but in a pinch it's ok. My inlaws ate a cake and didn't spit it out ;-)

I think gluten free is pretty easy these days. Lots of resources now. Add in other food allergies and it gets more complicated!

Food for life brown rice wraps. I use them for wraps, fajitas, you name it. If you can wrap it, its in there. LOL

And UDI's makes the best bread out there IMO. Thir muffins are really good too.

And I second Tinkyadis (SP?) pasta.

La Choy soy sauce is gluten free. So is the regular heinz ketchup and hellmans regular mayo.

Good luck!

Bagels from Glutino (in the freezer section)

The pie crust recipe in The Gluten-Free Gourmet Cooks Fast & Healthy (it's called Dream Pastry Mix, page 58). This is to-die-for. My non-g/f husband likes it better than what I used to make :001_smile:.

Gluten Free Pantry cake mixes (they used to have a wonderful angel food cake; it's discontinued but I hope they bring it back some day!)

Bobs Red Mill flours

Pamela's g/f brownie mix (add in some good dark choc chips)

Pizzeria Uno gluten-free flatbread pizzas...not as awesome as the pizzas I used to eat, but a pretty good substitute.

~Kathy