Menu

DH was nearly car-jacked tonight!

He stopped at a gas station downtown on his way home from work, and while he was waiting to pull forward to the forward pump, a guy came up to his car, started pounding on the driver's window, tried to open the door (which luckily was locked),and was screaming "give me all your money and give me your car!" Luckily, DH was still in gear and the car in front of him had left, so he just drove off and was able to get away safely. He got on the nearby freeway entrance and called me, just completely shaken. I told him to get off the freeway and call the police while everything was still fresh on his mind (and to pull himself together - I don't think he was safe to be driving at that point). So he sat there in the Home Depot parking lot and filed a police report, etc.

He's home now, safe. It has been a stressful night, but I am so grateful that he had the presence of mind to drive off. It could have ended very, very badly.

OmG so scary!!!!! It's amazing how much things have changed in such a short while. On the Cape they say it's all the drug addicts that are doing these inane things. Just in the last 5 years or so we went from being a sleeply little place to news every week of people being assaulted in their homes,cars,gas stations,banks. They will do ANYTHING to feed their addiction it's scary.

OmG so scary!!!!! It's amazing how much things have changed in such a short while. On the Cape they say it's all the drug addicts that are doing these inane things. Just in the last 5 years or so we went from being a sleeply little place to news every week of people being assaulted in their homes,cars,gas stations,banks. They will do ANYTHING to feed their addiction it's scary.

That was how it was in my hometown too! You can't reason with people like that. Even if you have money and they take it they'd still hurt you if it is not enought for their fix. Totally crazy!

Eeek...that is very scary! Especially as I looked and saw you're in Utah, too! Which city was this in?

It was in Salt Lake - at a gas station just west of the Little America hotel

Dh is feeling slightly better today, although I think it's going to take a few days.

Thanks for everyone's support!