Menu

I've gotten into a really bad habit

Having my dc do their work at the diningroom table-because then I can be on my computer while they work.:blushing:

It it a total addiction with me, and I need to break it. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm usually on WTM, checking my email, or checking my favorite blogs. Why do I need this?

My son is doing his math at the kitchen table right now and my daughter is reading on the couch.

Thus why I am on the computer.

I don't feel guilty. I already threw in a load of laundry and emptied the dishwasher.

If I don't keep busy then I feel like I am hovering over them. My son especially will keep asking for help non-stop so it is important for me to be in another room.

If I don't keep busy then I feel like I am hovering over them. My son especially will keep asking for help non-stop so it is important for me to be in another room.

:iagree: I only have the one child at home, so if I'm not doing SOMETHING while he's doing his worksheets, then I feel the need to prompt him to hurry (completely counterproductive) and he feels the need to pester me with questions about things he already knows. Tomorrow I'll be making a friend's 40th birthday cake while he works.

I actually find it helps me. My day is split into 10-20 minute bits, all day. It's so hard to get any big projects done that way. I have only two children, so I might spend 10-20 minutes getting a kid set up to do some schoolwork, then that kid is occupied for a while after that. For dd, who is a 7th grader, that might mean she's set for an hour or two. Ds works on his own for less time, but the principle remains.

I often wish I were more productive in those bits of time when both kids are working, but that's just not my reality. It works best for me to be right next to them, available. But since they don't need me to be available every minute, having a little seatwork for myself, or browsing online, or doing email, fills the time for me.