Menu

Another "would you eat this?"

I wouldn't be afraid of food poisoning. I might be concerned about people breathing their germs into for three hours. I only re-eat pot luck food if the circle of attendees was small and I knew not harboring anything nasty.

Actually, I take back my "Totally." This part might bother me. I'd have to have been at the potluck to see. The sitting out part doesn't faze me at all though.

I wouldn't be afraid of food poisoning. I might be concerned about people breathing their germs into for three hours. I only re-eat pot luck food if the circle of attendees was small and I knew not harboring anything nasty.

:iagree: I don't like buffet style stuff for this reason. So, to answer your question, I would not eat it, but not because of the time it sat out (if that was the only issue, I'd eat it for sure!) - I wouldn't eat it because so many other people touched it, breathed on it, maybe some spit flew into it while they were talking... and THEN it sat for hours...:ack2:.

If you baked an Italian casserole (pasta, tomato sauce, cheese) for a church dinner and there were 3 hrs between the time you pulled it from the oven to your return home when it went straight into the refrigerator, would you eat the leftovers?

tia

Sure. There have been many times around here that dinner has been out of the oven for three hours before the leftovers make it into the refridgerator, especially if we're entertaining and taking our time chatting over the meal.

As others have said, I would have more concern over how the food might have been handled by others. Though if I ate it there, I wouldn't have a problem eating the rest at home later.