Menu

My family and I just finished watching "Little Dorrit"

I watched it recently, too! I loved it!! :D

I rented it from Blockbuster online and only get 3 discs at a time. I watched the first 3 discs quickly and then had to wait a little while for the 4th disc. The waiting was almost painful! :tongue_smilie:

Now I want to read the book...

I watched it recently, too! I loved it!! :D

I rented it from Blockbuster online and only get 3 discs at a time. I watched the first 3 discs quickly and then had to wait a little while for the 4th disc. The waiting was almost painful! :tongue_smilie:

Now I want to read the book...

I checked it out at my library. We got a snowstorm yesterday and decided this would be a great way to spend some cozy time together. We watched the first two discs last night and after each episode we said, "Just one more." We got halfway through the third disc before we had to officially call it a night. After my two youngest came in from playing in the snow all day we started up again. The rest of us had been chomping at the bit all day (church was canceled due to the snow). Anyway, it was very, very hard to stop last night and wait until today. I can't imagine having to wait longer than that.:)

I have to admit, I loved it too. But, did anyone else feel like they did a great sweeping job of telling the story and the tried to wrap up the whole package too quick at the end? I found myself wanting to know what happened to so many of the characters that they just left hanging. What about pet? And John? What about Maggie? Who was Henry Gowan and why was he bad? Etc, Etc,... I guess I will just have to sit down with that huge novel and start digesting it. But the movie was delicious-just couldn't stop watching.

I have to admit, I loved it too. But, did anyone else feel like they did a great sweeping job of telling the story and the tried to wrap up the whole package too quick at the end? I found myself wanting to know what happened to so many of the characters that they just left hanging. What about pet? And John? What about Maggie? Who was Henry Gowan and why was he bad? Etc, Etc,... I guess I will just have to sit down with that huge novel and start digesting it. But the movie was delicious-just couldn't stop watching.

Yes, actually, it did feel a tad rushed. We all turned to each other and said, "What about Pet and Henry?" It would be a nice thing, too, in lots of movies if they would allow us to enjoy the ending a bit longer and not start rolling the credits the second there is some resolution.

I checked it out at my library. We got a snowstorm yesterday and decided this would be a great way to spend some cozy time together. We watched the first two discs last night and after each episode we said, "Just one more." We got halfway through the third disc before we had to officially call it a night. After my two youngest came in from playing in the snow all day we started up again. The rest of us had been chomping at the bit all day (church was canceled due to the snow). Anyway, it was very, very hard to stop last night and wait until today. I can't imagine having to wait longer than that.:)

We got snowed-in this weekend, too. Not really a lot of snow, but the streets were iced over so everything was canceled. I didn't leave the house for almost 3 days. Got a lot of reading done and watched Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy again. :D

Have you seen this version of S & S? I saw a preview for this on one of the Little Dorrit discs and had to put it in my Blockbuster queue...

1881277.jpg%3FWID%3D150%26CVT%3DJPEG&size=20&dhm=da5d94e0&hl=en

I've gotten the first disc already but haven't dared to watch it yet until the second disc gets here!

No, I haven't, but as of two minutes ago I am #5 in the hold queue at my library for it.:D Thanks for the recommendation.:)

YES! I rented it and fell in love. So, we bought it soon after (actually, I think I mentioned it to my MIL and she bought it for me for Christmas. :D ). It's sooooooooooooooooo wonderful.

Have you seen this version of S & S? I saw a preview for this on one of the Little Dorrit discs and had to put it in my Blockbuster queue...

1881277.jpg%3FWID%3D150%26CVT%3DJPEG&size=20&dhm=da5d94e0&hl=en

I've gotten the first disc already but haven't dared to watch it yet until the second disc gets here!

*sigh*

I LOVED Little Dorrit. I would end each disc and sit there and ponder those characters. The actor that played the French guy - oh, he was FANTASTIC!!!! I just loved the whole thing! and now I have a tiny crush on Matthew MacFayden:001_wub:

Watching "Emma" right now. Love it!

And the version of S&S mentioned above is my favorite, I just saw it a few weeks ago.

Should I queue up "Bleak House"? I've been wondering. It looks kinda depressing.

*sigh*

I LOVED Little Dorrit. I would end each disc and sit there and ponder those characters. The actor that played the French guy - oh, he was FANTASTIC!!!! I just loved the whole thing! and now I have a tiny crush on Matthew MacFayden:001_wub:

Watching "Emma" right now. Love it!

And the version of S&S mentioned above is my favorite, I just saw it a few weeks ago.

Should I queue up "Bleak House"? I've been wondering. It looks kinda depressing.

The actor that played the French guy is Andy Serkis-- he was Gollum in Lord of the Rings. He's got some range. Oh, and Matthew MacFayden. You have to watch The Way We Live Now to see his range. He's awesome in it.