Menu

Which logic stage history?

Guest aquiverfull

What is your choice for logic stage history?  

1. 1. What is your choice for logic stage history?

• Tapestry of Grace
    • WTM Recommendations
    • My Father's World
    • Winterpromise
    • Sonlight
    • Heart of Dakota
    • Biblioplan
    • History Odyssey
    • Truthquest
    • Other

Guest aquiverfull

Mostly because I'm curious and because I can't make up my own mind. But I'd love to know what your choice would be for history during the logic stage. I tried to think of all I could, but I may have missed some. Feel free to add your comments.

Guest aquiverfull

no problem hmschooling..I'm frequently nursing while typing too. :)

History at our House is one that I haven't heard of. It's not really like I needed another to check out though..lol.

Thanks to all who have answered so far!

I am using HO Middle Ages Level 2 with my 8th grade son, and while I alter some assignments and have him do a lot more reading, we like it for logic stage.

I also have used Ambleside Online Years 4-7 for logic stage. (Ds doing HO 2 is doing reading from both Years 4 and 7 of Ambleside too.)

Ds in 5th grade is not using HO 2 but is using books from Ambleside Online and Simply Charlotte Mason.

HTH

I voted "other".

We're going to start Ancients with K12's Human Odyssey any time now (within the next two weeks, I'd say). My hope is that the three volumes will last us through middle school.

I am going to supplement liberally with The World in Ancient Times series, documentaries, biographies and historical fiction.

I voted other because although we're using History Odyssey I'm a former Sonlighter and HO just doesn't have enough literature for us. So, it's our "spine" so to speak and I add liberally. So much so that I can't really call it HO.;) But, it's more rigorous and not as time-consuming as SL was so we're happy!