Menu

Quick Math Mammoth question-do the downloads print in color?

HappyGrace

Yes, they do. Unfortunately for me I don't have a color printer. A fact I've been complaining to dh about for years. Our old workhorse b&w laser has plenty of life left in it though. *sigh*

Also, keep in mind MM doesn't have very much color to begin with though.

Thanks so much! I realize it isn't exactly "colorful" like Singapore, just wanted to make sure whatever version I got did have whatever color she put in, because it looks in the samples like the color she does put in is often helpful to the lesson. And I thought I remembered the print version did NOT have that color; wanted to make sure the downloads did.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just beginning to look at this program (comparing it to Singapore, making a switch from MUS beta). For those who print out in b/w do you feel that you are missing something with not having the color? Also, how many times can you print it off? Can you buy once and print if off for all your kids?

thanks

Angela

We use MEP, which is all printed in black and white. I let my child work the problems in colored pencils, so I guess you could say he's getting a bit of color in with his math.

Is it possible to print the lessons in B/W, then go through yourself and color them in with colored pencils to avoid the cost of colored ink? I don't know if that would be as visually appealing to your child, but it would save on printing costs.

I'm just beginning to look at this program (comparing it to Singapore, making a switch from MUS beta). For those who print out in b/w do you feel that you are missing something with not having the color? Also, how many times can you print it off? Can you buy once and print if off for all your kids?

thanks

Angela

I print mine in color but when I purchased the cd from WP I also purchased the printed worktext and it is in BW, my dc have had no problem wit it. I prefer the color though. Now I'm printing them out.

You can also purchase printed from Lulu. MM comes as a download, cd or print. Depends on where you purchase.

My oldest used MUS he did Beta & Gamma twice but still was having trouble. When I switched him to MM Maria suggested to place him in level three. He is almost done with 3B and will hopefully start 4A in a few weeks.

Edited by Homeschooling6