Menu

Does this sound like a good birthday dinner?

I'm making dinnner for someone's birthday on Friday. I am planning on making baked chicken, mashed potatoes, and lettuce salad. For dessert I was thinking about making cheesecake ... I figure if he doesn't like cheesecake, I always have icecream in my freezer.

How does that sound?

If white gravy would go ok with the baked chicken... it's my favorite... Course... I make it when I kinda sizzle/fry my chicken in butter... and use that as a base for the gravy... with milk and flour.... and tons of pepper and some salt. Yum!!

Either way, your dinner looks lovely. Butter on the mashed potatoes would be good as well. Yum!!

Carrie:-)

... but I don't know how to make gravy. :glare:

head thee to the spice aisle of your supermarket and buy poultry gravy packets. Knorr or McCormicks International are what I use :D

I usually make gravy too & use the packets to make it go farther but I've also been known to just use it straight. I don't eat meat & don't cook it much but I really like gravy on potatoes so packets are my friend.

It'll be our secret, ok?

To make 1 cup of chicken gravy without using the drippings:

Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet.

Add 2 tablespoons of flour.

Mix together so there are no lumps and bubble for about 1 minute.

Slowly add 1 cup of canned chicken broth, mixing in with the butter/flour mixture.

Salt and pepper to taste.

Double or triple this recipe as needed. Add more broth if it is too thick to your liking.

Your dinner sounds yummy!