Menu

What's for dinner.

Whole chicken or breasts? I put frozen breasts straight in water to boil. Whole is another matter, though. I expect the pressure cooker would be your friend, but I haven't tried it frozen. :confused:

We're having cabbage soup. It tastes awful so far. Partly because I keep coming in here & forgetting I'm cooking. I burned the ground beef, then dropped it on the floor. Ds observed the smoke hovering over the oven & said, "We should open a restaurant."

:lol: That kid cracks me up.

I believe we are having chicken soup. :tongue_smilie: And we just managed to get rid of the turkey. :rolleyes: I'm not entire sure actually, dh is cooking :001_wub: and I haven't gone near the kitchen since shortly after lucnh. Frankly, I don't really care what we're eating at this point, I'm just happy I'm not the one making it. :lol:

Guest Alte Veste Academy
I put frozen breasts straight in water to boil. Whole is another matter, though.

Yep, you can boil a whole chicken. Just be sure to take out those extra parts. ;) I also take off the skin. If I were you (and if it's not too late), I'd show that chicken who's boss. The nerve not to thaw after being out so long! :lol: I would turn that chicken into either chicken and dumplings or pot pie.

For the dumplings, boil the chicken in a big stock pot full of water with a some salt and pepper, parsley, a bay leaf, a few cloves of garlic and some roughly chopped up onion (and celery and carrots if you have them...but first start that chicken heating while you work on these add-ins). While it's cooking, combine 2 c. ap flour, 1 Tbs. baking powder, 1.5 tsp salt and 1 c. milk. Roll out to 1/2" thick and cut into 1" squares. When that chicken is cooked and tender (in around half an hour with some M-H boiling), take it out and strip all the meat off. Save and strain the broth and put it back in your big stock pot. Then reheat to a low boil. Throw in your dumplings and simmer 15 minutes or so. Yum.

Or you can still boil the chicken, strip the meat and combine it with some frozen veggies, put it between a crust and make it into a pot pie.

There is always PB&J though...or omelettes for a variation of breakfast for dinner. You can deal with the chicken tomorrow. :D

I'm probably not any help, since we had chicken ;)

Ours was mock Olive Garden chicken con broccoli, though. Super yummy, and lots of left overs for lunches (DS isn't into it as leftovers, but he loves hotdogs and the rest of us don't so he can have those for lunch).