Menu

what would you put in stuffed animal's stocking?

Perhaps one of those little super soft baby hair brushes so the pet can be groomed without pulling its fur out? A cute collar? A special pillow?

All good ideas! I must be brain dead this morning. It's probably because I didn't have a good breakfast of Christmas cookies!

Guest Alte Veste Academy
Perhaps one of those little super soft baby hair brushes so the pet can be groomed without pulling its fur out?

Yes, stuffed animal fur responds especially well to those wire pet brushes. I would also get him a book he might enjoy hearing as a read-aloud. Maybe something species specific.

Edited by Alte Veste Academy

Perhaps one of those little super soft baby hair brushes so the pet can be groomed without pulling its fur out? A cute collar? A special pillow?

This reminds of what I did for my son's favorite beanie baby one year. I knitted (knit :confused: - I didn't have cookies for breakfast either!) a sleeping bag with attached pillow for it.

Cathmom...do you knit or crochet? A pot-holder sized blanket wouldn't take much time to make.

How about a tiny journal? I've seen smallish ones at Borders. When I taught first grade we had a class stuffed bear that went home with one of the children each weekend. He had a journal and the kids wrote down whatever the bear did that weekend, such as what it ate for breakfast, any activities, movies watched, games played, etc. Your daughter could dictate his activities to you to record or she could write them herself.

This reminds of what I did for my son's favorite beanie baby one year. I knitted (knit :confused: - I didn't have cookies for breakfast either!) a sleeping bag with attached pillow for it.

Cathmom...do you knit or crochet? A pot-holder sized blanket wouldn't take much time to make.

That's a great idea! Unfortunately I don't! But I could buy a small piece of fleece and make a mini-blanket!

You all have wonderful ideas this morning. I made a list and when I go shopping I will see what I can find!

This is just about the sweetest thing I've heard all week!

Thanks! It was really sweet. We went to visit family for Thanksgiving and they took us to this store that was like winter wonderland with all sorts of things. He saw these little red stockings and then after looking at everything in the store, he took me back over there and asked if he could buy one for his panda with his birthday money. He's a great kid!

My kids were given little stockings with money in them from their grandparents last Christmas. This year, they wrote their favorite stuffed animal's name on a small piece of paper and safety pinned it to the top of the stocking. Then they made their own items to put in the stockings for their stuffed animals. What in the world they created to put in those tiny things is beyond me, but they're excited for their animals to "open" their Christmas stockings.

Although, we do fill stockings, we don't do Santa so it wasn't a big deal for the kids to make their own stocking stuffers for their animals since they know that Mom fills their stockings. I don't know if that would throw a wrench in the works for a little one who thinks Santa fills stockings, or not but for future years it could be an idea? I'm just thankful that they didn't expect me to fill their stuffed animals' stockings, too. Getting stuff for the kids is enough for me! :001_smile:

M

Although, we do fill stockings, we don't do Santa so it wasn't a big deal for the kids to make their own stocking stuffers for their animals since they know that Mom fills their stockings. I don't know if that would throw a wrench in the works for a little one who thinks Santa fills stockings, or not but for future years it could be an idea? I'm just thankful that they didn't expect me to fill their stuffed animals' stockings, too. Getting stuff for the kids is enough for me! :001_smile:

I'm not sure what, if anything, he is expecting LOL!

I am happy to report that St. Nicholas did not overlook my son's red panda's stocking. He received a small fleece blanket, a fleece scarf, a candy cane, and a St. Francis holy card. My son was thrilled! He was more excited to open the panda's stocking than his own!

Thanks for all the great ideas! I have a list for next year if he does it again!