Menu

Pottery Barn sofas?

Yes, actually I have 4 of them (only because I won a contest and got them all free). I have 2 matching in our family room and then a leather one and another kind in our school room. So far they are very comfortable and wearing well. We've had the 2 in our family room for about a year now. The leather couch and couch in the school room were purchased from the outlet store -- so no telling how many people had sat on them for how many years in what store or whatever. Both still in great shape and comfy. When I won the money and got to choose what I wanted, I thought there would NEVER be any way that I would spend that much on furniture in reality. Now I'm thinking that I really like the PB couches and they may be worth the money - --- need a few more years wear and tear on them to know for certain though!

I thought their stuff looked small IRL. I don't have any but when I do visit a Pottery Barn store, I'm always amazed at how diminutive the furniture looks.

I agree. The furniture is much smaller IRL than it appears in the magazine. I was all set to buy one a while back, but when I saw it in the store I was shocked at how tiny it was.

I have a PB L-shaped sectional bought from their outlet store. We have had it a year and it has held up well. The bottom cushions are a little smashed down where DH and I usually sit, but that is probably an indictment of our love of food and sitting rather than an indictment of the sofa.

We have a small TV room and it fits beautifully and allows us to seat the whole family.

Perry, I was just wondering the same thing. Are you considering slip covers with them?

Dh wants leather, I'd like microfiber. We have two rooms to do, so we might decide to do both. We hadn't considered slipcovers, but it's a thought.

I really like some of the couches at the Ethan Allen link posted by MBM. I haven't looked at EA before, but am really interested in the complimentary design service described at their website. I think we'll head over there this afternoon.

http://www.clubfurniture.com/

Definitely look into "Club Furniture" (above link). They use the same manufacturer as Pottery Barn but without the "label"...hence cheaper cost! We've had our couch from them for almost three years and the cushions have all kept their shape. I HIGHLY recommend them!

What a terrific website. I am going to have to look through that some more since we'd like to replace our 12-year-old couches from Room and Board which held up about five years, but after that the cushions were squashed and shapeless and the fuzzy upholstery was worn thin (in case you're wondering about R&B). The frame is in great shape, though. We have the York couch.

Also, a decorator once told me to ask about the rub factor which I think is the durability of the upholstery fabric. For example, chenilles -- what my R&B couch is covered with -- lose that nice, soft fluffiness over time in spots that get sat upon often. I think the higher the rub factor number, the more durable.

Dh wants leather, I'd like microfiber. We have two rooms to do, so we might decide to do both. We hadn't considered slipcovers, but it's a thought.

I really like some of the couches at the Ethan Allen link posted by MBM. I haven't looked at EA before, but am really interested in the complimentary design service described at their website. I think we'll head over there this afternoon.

I love EA and PB. We didnt hit either of those w/last purchase b/c we had a whole house to furnish. But, we did do leather. I will not do it again. It is very cold, better off w/a material. Unfortunately I let dh pick the furn. this last time. Never again.

You could always do a microfiber slipcover. You can NOT tell it's a slipcover, but you can wash it so easily. I meant to say before that we have one of the slipcovered couches from Club Furniture. They have many different fabrics to choose from including microfiber. They'll send you the fabric samples too...so you can see what they look like in real life.