Menu

What did you find when you got up this morning?

So I slept in on my day off. I come downstairs to find 3 yr old dd on the couch. Apparently she had just given birth and was still in the hospital. I sit down on the couch with a cup of coffee a few minutes later and she comes back into the room with her baby, but no blanket. I explain that it is important [imo only] that babies are swaddled after they are born b/c of how they were in the womb. Now both 3 yr old dd and 6 yr old dd are intently listening, learning how to swaddle their babies. When I finish with 3 yr old's baby she grabs her and proudly proclaims, "This is my womb!" :lol:

My but that tickled me today. :tongue_smilie:

How cute! We are late sleepers around here, it's 10:30 and my 8-year old is still in bed! He did go to bed late last night and I wouldn't put it past him to read in his room until all hours as well. He would be miserable if he had to be awake and at the bus stop ever morning.

Guest Alte Veste Academy

That was hilarious!

What I found was that DS6 was freakishly excited about doing his math today. I mean, he likes math fine but he was all about math. He is at the end of his current Singapore workbook and I've been hopeful that we could "finish math before Thanksgiving." Apparently, he and I had different ideas about what finishing math by Thanksgiving meant, leading to his unnatural excitement.

I finally figured it all out when he finished the last problem in the book and promptly ran from the room to find his brother and sister, screaming, "Hey guys, I'm finished with math FOREVER AND EVER!!!"

:001_huh: Oops. Singapore is good but it's not that good!

That was hilarious!

What I found was that DS6 was freakishly excited about doing his math today. I mean, he likes math fine but he was all about math. He is at the end of his current Singapore workbook and I've been hopeful that we could "finish math before Thanksgiving." Apparently, he and I had different ideas about what finishing math by Thanksgiving meant, leading to his unnatural excitement.

I finally figured it all out when he finished the last problem in the book and promptly ran from the room to find his brother and sister, screaming, "Hey guys, I'm finished with math FOREVER AND EVER!!!"

:lol:

That was hilarious!

That.

Is.

Hilarious.

:lol:

What a cutie you have. :001_smile: Finished with math forever and ever. I can *so see one of my boys thinking I meant something like that.

So I slept in on my day off. I come downstairs to find 3 yr old dd on the couch. Apparently she had just given birth and was still in the hospital. I sit down on the couch with a cup of coffee a few minutes later and she comes back into the room with her baby, but no blanket. I explain that it is important [imo only] that babies are swaddled after they are born b/c of how they were in the womb. Now both 3 yr old dd and 6 yr old dd are intently listening, learning how to swaddle their babies. When I finish with 3 yr old's baby she grabs her and proudly proclaims, "This is my womb!" :lol:

My but that tickled me today. :tongue_smilie:

My 6 year old daughter just got a new baby doll that came with a bottle. She started to feed it with the bottle but then said, "No, That's not right". At which point, she lifted her shirt and began to breastfeed her baby.