Menu

Please help me with a gift idea!

This year I made cloth napkins for my five siblings. They were inexpensive, but took a LOT of time. I was planning to make placemats, napkin rings, and coasters to go with them. Well, I ran out of time. Now, I need an idea for this year. I have the napkins. I need more to go with them. Something I can buy as I just don't have the time to make something!

Ideas?

I don't know if it would work with the fabric style you chose for the napkins, but perhaps a VERY SIMPLE tablecloth to accompany the napkins?

This comes to mind because I have been thinking how easy it would be to buy a few yards of fleece and cut it to fit my long (144") table. It's washable and there's no need to even hem the edges. It's very hard to find a reasonable priced tablecloth to fit my fully extended table and I thought fleece might be a good thing to make one from. Kind of a winter look, y'know?

I don't know if it would work with the fabric style you chose for the napkins, but perhaps a VERY SIMPLE tablecloth to accompany the napkins?

This comes to mind because I have been thinking how easy it would be to buy a few yards of fleece and cut it to fit my long (144") table. It's washable and there's no need to even hem the edges. It's very hard to find a reasonable priced tablecloth to fit my fully extended table and I thought fleece might be a good thing to make one from. Kind of a winter look, y'know?

I would guess table clothes would be hard unless you know the size of every one's tables.

I would wonder if fleece maybe hard for small glasses to stay balanced on with kids fumbling around.

Thank you everyone. The reason I didn't want to make the napkin rings is the time factor. Our December is filling up fast. I want to make Advent as stress-free for our family as possible. I always have a better Christmas when I've prepared for it during Advent!

I did price out buying the other items that I had planned to make. I would've cost me nearly $50/family (or more!). That's more than I'm willing to spend! We have an unspoken arrangement where the gifts to the adults are small. We do more for the kids.

I love the idea of messy things!!! I've got some specialty stores here that they don't have, so I know they'll be appreciated!