Menu

Best cat food for Indoor Only cat to reduce litter box.....

Ok, so we got a new kitten in March and I had lots of coupons for free Purina Kitten Chow and also Purina One cat food, but I really believe that all I'm doing is scooping out the darned litter. I know there's got to be better food, I'm willing to pay if it helps with digestion and the amount of trips to the litter box. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Phlox

I get the salmon or chicken flavors, they like both. I have three indoor cats, and I wouldn't say the litter box smells like roses, but definitely not as bad as with cheap cat food, and less poop to scoop.

You can buy Wellness at Petco these days, which makes it convenient. I used to feed the Wellness Core, which is completely grain free, but now alternate with the other varieties. My cats also like the Wellness canned food. I only use the grain free in those.

Michelle T

We use Science Diet as it is the only kind that keeps one of my cats from puking all the time. Two cats share the litter box & they have one bm each day. The kids scoop out the litter 2x a day.

Well, now you know everything about my cat's private moments. LOL.

I only feed canned food.

Cats are obligate carnivores. There are a few grain free kibbles but I think with the # of urinary problems that cats are prone to, & the fact that cats tend to not be great drinkers, wet is still the better option.

Dr. Elizabeth Hodgkins agrees. She's especially interested in treatment & prevention of feline diabetes & runs the Your Diabetic Cat website. She thinks kibble is a big reason for the explosion of the disease in cats.

I've been using Instinct for several years now & have been very satisfied with the product & how well my old, chronically ill cat has been doing.

http://www.naturesvariety.com/instinct_cat_can