Menu

Had to share..easy, yummy, homemade tortillas

This recipe is so easy, quick and yummy! I will never buy tortillas again....be sure to roll them VERY thin on a well floured surface. This is a great way to add whole grains into your diet. Whole Wheat Tortillas

My husband just asked the other day if I could try making homemade tortillas so I just printed this out - thanks!

I've only tried making tortillas a few times, and so far I've never rolled out a round one. Mine always look like continents. I promise to try again, though! Thanks for the link, Sarah.

:lol::lol::lol:

I've only tried making tortillas a few times, and so far I've never rolled out a round one. Mine always look like continents.

I promise to try again, though! Thanks for the link, Sarah.

First pull off a piece of dough and make a ball. Flatten the ball a little and push your fingers in the center of the flattened dough to stretch it out. You don't want to push too much or get it thin at this point. Do this for a few seconds and you will end up with something that looks like a semi-flat pinch pot.

Then put it down on a floured surface and start rolling it, first one direction then another, flip, roll in different directions, flip, etc (always add a sprinkle of flour when you flip)... until you have a nice round tortilla. Smaller tortillas are easier to make than larger.

put it down on a floured surface and start rolling it, first one direction then another, flip, roll in different directions, flip, etc (always add a sprinkle of flour when you flip)... until you have a nice round tortilla. Smaller tortillas are easier to make than larger.

Yes! I think this will work for me. Good hints.:)

I sent a note to the OP, but I will repeat here: I made 2 batches of these today and they are WONDERFUL and EASY. I made one regular batch, then a second batch of dough that I dropped a couple tablespoons of tomato paste into. Both were soft, pliable, rolled easily, tasted super...and they were rounder than any I've ever made before! We had ours with refried beans and roasted Hatch chiles. I'm going to get a friend over next week and we'll work together to put some tortillas in each of our freezers.

Homeschooling supplies might be costing me money, but the forums are saving me a lot!