Menu

what's a good non-sweet snack to take for a group of teens?

I like to be theme-y. If there is a theme to the group or meeting or if it's on a particular feast day, I like to go with that for the snack. Do you have a theme?

Otherwise, and please don't freak out, I took this snack to a group of young adults (late teens, early 20s) and they loved it and many asked for the recipe (which, you will see, is hilarious).

I put together a platter with a bowl in the middle filled with drained saurkaut. All around that I put a variety of crackers and sliced (kind of slanty-elliptical shape) polish sausage (vegetarian, actually). To one side I put a dish of plain yellow mustard and a knife. To the other side I put a rustic mustard and serving knife. The idea is to take a cracker and polish sausage, top with a bit of mustard and bit of saurkraut. Man, did they love it!

crackers, sliced ham or summer sausage, and sliced cheese

That always seems to get wiped out quickly at birthday parties.

Fruit platters go quickly too.

My 14yo seems to be the only one going for the veggie platters.

I've put out plates of taquitos before and those went well. Chicken strips go pretty fast too and are just as good when they're cold.

crackers, sliced ham or summer sausage, and sliced cheese

That always seems to get wiped out quickly at birthday parties.

Fruit platters go quickly too.

My 14yo seems to be the only one going for the veggie platters.

I've put out plates of taquitos before and those went well. Chicken strips go pretty fast too and are just as good when they're cold.

I may just pick up a platter of chicken from Chick-fil-a.