Menu

Help me plan a romantic night for hubby

Next Friday (yes, I know it is the 13th), I am planning a romantic night for dh and I. We have NEVER had the house all to ourselves in 10 years. I have all 7 children pawned off to various friends and they are excited! Children will be gone before hubby gets home from work and we will pick them up by 10 am next morning..BUT now what to do......

DH does not know. I want to do a nice dinner for us. BUT what else?????? :confused:

Crystal or glass bowls, half filled with water or stones, with candles lit in them....these can line a path to the bathroom or bedroom ;) Candles everywhere else you can think of. Fresh flowers for the table. Best linens for the table. Music playing softly. And treat yourself to a new nightie with matching robe...you want to "dress" for the occasion.

Or pick and choose from any of the above...but that is how I'd do it LOL!

I know it may not sound terribly romantic but when we are given nights like this, we often just snuggle up on the couch, watch TV and talk to each other. It is so rare that we get those quiet moments just the two of us. I work nights so we don't even really get it when the kids go to bed. Have fun. Our 11th wedding anniversary is 11/14 so we also are getting a couple kid free nights next week courtesy of the MIL. I am on vacation and I can't wait to have that alone time with hubby.

My husband loves pretty lingerie as much as I do so I suggest you get something new for the occasion and surprise him at the door in it! Be sure to light tons of candles...

I guess my husband would say get a little crazy, be a little wild...he always comments on these times when we are a little more "fun" since we don't have to worry about eyes and ears around.

text him before your night with a little teaser saying how excited you are about your date!

Have fun!