Menu

What's on the menu for your Christmas dinner?

Guest ThinkBoutIt

Havent finalized my menu yet but i know we are definitely making a turkey this year and all the usual side dishes.. mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, squash.. I'm just sure about the recipes I will be using yet.. I found some good holiday cooking tips and recipes here: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/holidays/videos/index.php so im thinking I may make the pomegranate cranberry sauce on there and maybe the butternut squash with macaroni casserole.

Lasagna

Garlic bread

Salad

Calamari

Cheesecake for dessert

Lasagna was dh's Christmas dinner growing up (Sicilian mom). We all love it, and I find this meal easier, with less cleanup, than turkey or roast with all the side dishes. Also, I don't do it all from scratch; the calamari is pre-made and just baked in the oven, and the cheesecake is from Trader Joe's.

Wendi

Christmas Eve we are doing lobster, shrimp etc and our traditional appetizer type foods the kids like. I usually make monkey bread or cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning and around 1 or 2P we head out to waffle house for by then everyone is ready to go someplace. I may get a honey baked ham and plan a dinner around that.

We usually have a rib roast for Christmas, but it's just out of the budget this year. I think I'll make a pot roast with mashed potatoes, some roasted veggies and homemade dinner rolls. Our youngest daughter's birthday is the 23rd, so we'll have leftover cake for dessert.

• 2 weeks later...

Twas the week before Christmas and all through the place,

Finicky traditionalists demanded food they will sample and waste.

.... They want turkey, stuffing and corn pudding (which they will eat one bite of and then waste)

.... I want a nice breakfast and then switch over to nibbling finger foods.

I love all the ideas in this thread, so even though it doesn't solve my problem I thought it was timely to resurrect it.

Merry Christmas and Happy eating!