Menu

Your experience needed (female content)

Guest 4boys

Has anyone here gotten pregnant while using condoms and not having experienced a catastrophic failure??? (For lack of more appropriate term :))

I am 9dpo and experiencing the exact same symptoms I had at this point in my last pregnancy. The only way I could be pregnant is if a condom failed without us noticing. I am sort of hoping it's all in my mind.

Does this really happen?

Are you certain it's 15 out of a 100 without any obvious failure?

If so I'm shocked.

My husband and I have used condoms for years with no pregnancies. I'd think statistically we'd have several by this point if 15 out of a 100 have holes or whatever.

But you can get (very, very rarely) pregnant without a catastrophic failure or user failure. There would have to be a manufacturing defect. You can also have pregnancy symptoms because hormones go nutty without an actual pregnancy and I hope that's the case for you.

edited to add: I looked and see nothing like a 15% failure rate with correct usage. Correct and consistent usage is 2% pregnancy rate from what I can tell and this includes catastrophic failures which would be more likely in that pregnancy group than what the OP is fearing. The larger (15% rates to 20's) are for typical usage which includes lack of consistency and improper use. I think the rate of pregnancy without obvious failure and when the condom is used start to finish has be very, very low. Not impossible but low.

Edited by sbgrace

LOL, alright then. :) I guess it's possible. Don't think I can test for another couple days though.

Testing can be rough! I mean, I go through a lot of pregnancy tests even though I'm pretty sure my hormone levels don't register high enough right away (have had a couple of false negatives); I tend to start testing the day before I expect my cycle to start, and everyday thereafter, LOL.

Thanks for all the replies! The earliest positive test I've had was 11 dpo with my last one and I don't have any tests in the house right now. If nothing else happens, I'll buy some on Tuesday when I grocery shop. DH keeps saying "I don't want to drive a van!" :rofl: At this point I think I would like to be done having children because it's easier (poor excuse, I know), but I'm only 27 and I think I'll be excited if there is another. But I will never be able to trust a condom again. :rolleyes: