Menu

Zoobs? A hit or miss with your kids?

My oldest got a big set of 250 zoobs for christmas 2 years ago (when he was 7). He loved them and got another set last christmas - I think it was the car extension pack (he was 8 then). At 9 he still plays with them but he is super big into building toys.

My other kids have been able to play with them without a problem (5yo and 7yo).

I purchased them in bulk about 10 years ago... Older dd's LOVED them. DD 7 still gets them out every once in a while--she played with them a lot when she was about 5yrs old.

My dd 16 will sometimes sneak the zoobs into her room. She has a cool Zoob-dog on her bookshelf and a 'shield' above her computer desk.

They were a good investment for us.

My ds7 likes them. I just saw in the new Rainbow Resource gift catalog (that arrived today) that they have a fun game with them...you move around the board collecting pieces to make your Zoob creation. I thought it looked great! (OF course, that's because it reminds me of our family's favorite game of all time...Lego Creator...it was a great way to teach our boys how to build lego creations in the beginning). So, I thought I'd mention it in case you are interested.

I'm considering these for my 6 y/o. Legos and K'nex are still a bit tough for him. What age did your kids like these? Having three close in age, with him being the youngest, would you get the largest possible? Do you recommend any particular set?

He likes Zoobs, but he has big strong hands. Perhaps Tinkertoys? Those were easier for my just 6. At just 6 kiddo would put a few zoobs together, twist them a lot, pretend they are guns and planes. By nearly 7 he is looking at the pictures and assembling them. Every now and then there is a tricky cross piece I help him with.

I'm considering these for my 6 y/o. Legos and K'nex are still a bit tough for him. What age did your kids like these? Having three close in age, with him being the youngest, would you get the largest possible? Do you recommend any particular set?

Okay, now I'm laughing at myself. When I first glanced at this I seriously thought it said "Boobs, hit or miss with your kids?" :lol:

I'm sure glad I did a double take and continued reading before I responded and made a complete fool of myself. :tongue_smilie: