Menu

How do I store 1/2 an avocado

Who are you, and how can you half an avocado left? My kids can eat on on their own...lol

You can squeeze lemon or lime juice all over it and wrap it in pastic or put it in a baggie. Or you can squash it up and make a little salsa/quac and nobody will even notice. Add a spalsh of citrus, and it won't go too brown.

But I vote eat it. :D

Who are you, and how can you half an avocado left? My kids can eat on on their own...lol

You can squeeze lemon or lime juice all over it. Or you can squash it up and make a little salsa/quac and no onebody will even notice. Add a spalsh of citrus, and it won't go too brown.

LOL I'd eat it too. But if we have a half left I just put it in the fridge, with the stone still in it, it gets a very thin brown crust over the top, which protects the flesh underneath, so you can just slice off that crust with a sharp knife.

You can squeeze lemon or lime juice all over it and wrap it in pastic or put it in a baggie. Or you can squash it up and make a little salsa/quac and nobody will even notice. Add a spalsh of citrus, and it won't go too brown.

:lol: We never have leftover avocadoes here either! We LOVE them! I'm eagerly watching this thread though, just in case, because I'd have to ask your question if we ever had a half left. :)

LOL! Its a new item here, and I'm the only one who will eat it! I can only eat 1/2 of it all by my lonesome, so I need to save the other half. Actually, I'm working away from sour cream in favor of avocado, and its taken me a while, but I'm quite digging the little green guys.

If I squeeze some lemon on it, will it change the flavor? Do I just store it in a plastic baggie, then?

so it doesn't get all brown and icky?

TIA

Leave the pit in to keep the middle fresh and press plastic wrap against the rest of the exposed surface to prevent oxidation. The same works for guacamole. As long as you've got a tight seal right up against the stuff, it should stay pretty fresh.