Menu

Keep getting calls from collection agency - should I talk to them

Here's the story. DH worked for a company a few years ago that is now not paying their bills, apparently. No surprise there. There were times we didn't get paid on time. They've had financial problems for years and years. In fact, they currently owe DH money for a contract job he did for them.

DH was president of this very small company for a very short time. He thought he could make things better, but he couldn't, so he left for a different job. This was probably 3 years ago.

We are now getting calls from a collection agency for this company. We've never talked to them, but they have left messages a couple of times. They are wanting to talk to the "owner or bookkeeper of XXXX Corporation". Should we talk to them and let them know DH is no longer working for the company (which I would think they know)? We do not want to get pulled into this.

Any advice? Thanks.

I would talk to them. Keep it simple. Tell them the owner nor the bookkeeper live at this phone number/address. You needn't mention what role your husband used to play since he was neither of the roles being sought. If you know who the owner is, then give that name. End the call by informing them not to call you again.

Here's the story. DH worked for a company a few years ago that is now not paying their bills, apparently. No surprise there. There were times we didn't get paid on time. They've had financial problems for years and years. In fact, they currently owe DH money for a contract job he did for them.

DH was president of this very small company for a very short time. He thought he could make things better, but he couldn't, so he left for a different job. This was probably 3 years ago.

We are now getting calls from a collection agency for this company. We've never talked to them, but they have left messages a couple of times. They are wanting to talk to the "owner or bookkeeper of XXXX Corporation". Should we talk to them and let them know DH is no longer working for the company (which I would think they know)? We do not want to get pulled into this.

Any advice? Thanks.

I wouldn't. I never tell them anything. If you happen to answer the phone just tell them you can't help them and to not call again.

I've mentioned this before but I don't even tell collection agencies how to reach my BIL and I don't even like him. I guess I like collection agencies even less. :tongue_smilie:

I would talk to them. Keep it simple. Tell them the owner nor the bookkeeper live at this phone number/address. You needn't mention what role your husband used to play since he was neither of the roles being sought. If you know who the owner is, then give that name. End the call by informing them not to call you again.

I would talk to them, too, but I wouldn't give them any information. No, your dh doesn't work there. You have no other information. Don't call again. *click*

No. They already know who is responsible for these bills. They are hired to get the money from anyone who will pay it. It sounds like there probably isn't any money to pay out. I wouldn't want to get all anxious and drug into something I couldn't help with.