Menu

Vent about DS

I need to vent here so I don't scream at him. I've been working very, very hard on not raising my voice. He is working on the work he refused to do yesterday (and by refused, I mean he pushed me, hit me twice, pinched me, told me that he hopes I fall into a pricker bush, told me several times that he wasn't doing school and I couldn't make him, told me I was mean, etc). In the time it has taken him to do 1 page of his math assignment, I have taken a shower, thrown a load of laundry into the wash, I've done the dishes, gotten dressed, put make-up on, made my bed, cleaned the cat box, made lunch for DD, did DD's hair, practiced dance with DD for 10 minutes, did DD's phonics lesson with her, and now I am working on today's math assignment with DD.

He will not be going to ice skating tonight if his work isn't done. He missed his drama class yesterday because his work wasn't done. I'm frustrated beyond belief. Yes, he is capable of the work -- he just doesn't feel like doing it. Yes, I discipline him when he hits, pinches, pushes, and sasses back, so it's not laksidaisacle (sp?) parenting on my part.

I'm not looking for advice -- I just need to vent before I lose my cool and scream at him, so thanks for listening if you've read this far!

I need to vent here so I don't scream at him. I've been working very, very hard on not raising my voice. He is working on the work he refused to do yesterday (and by refused, I mean he pushed me, hit me twice, pinched me, told me that he hopes I fall into a pricker bush, told me several times that he wasn't doing school and I couldn't make him, told me I was mean, etc). In the time it has taken him to do 1 page of his math assignment, I have taken a shower, thrown a load of laundry into the wash, I've done the dishes, gotten dressed, put make-up on, made my bed, cleaned the cat box, made lunch for DD, did DD's hair, practiced dance with DD for 10 minutes, did DD's phonics lesson with her, and now I am working on today's math assignment with DD.

He will not be going to ice skating tonight if his work isn't done. He missed his drama class yesterday because his work wasn't done. I'm frustrated beyond belief. Yes, he is capable of the work -- he just doesn't feel like doing it. Yes, I discipline him when he hits, pinches, pushes, and sasses back, so it's not laksidaisacle (sp?) parenting on my part.

I'm not looking for advice -- I just need to vent before I lose my cool and scream at him, so thanks for listening if you've read this far!

:grouphug: Hi, Julie! :seeya:

When Baby Boy has days like that, I like to hide in the potty and take a little "sanity shot." I have tequila, will travel.

Hang in there.