Menu

I have 1lb of hamburger I have to use tonight. Any recipes?

Yep... you could do "taco skillet" if you don't have everything for the tacos/burritos... cook the beef with some onion, add in spanish flavorings, while that cooks, start the rice... for hispanic flavoring I use hot sauce to taste, cumin and/or salsa. Top with grated cheese...

or mix up a meatloaf to have with whatever side you put together. I really enjoy mealoaf if it's moist and tasty!! For tasty, I put in an egg and seasoned bread crumbs, garlic salt, onion powder, lawrys and then at least a half cup of favorite bar-b-q sauce. I always wing meatloaf this way and it turns out great for us...

Beef with peppers over rice? I doctored up a sloppy joe recipe last night with 1 lb of ground turkey instead of beef:

• Sweat 1 medium finely-chopped onion in olive oil and salt for about 10 minutes over medium low, just until soft and translucent.
  • Add a bit of cayenne and garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
  • Add ground beef and cook until barely pink (not 100% done)
  • Add tomato products and 1 teaspoon of brown sugar. The recipe called for 1 cup tomato puree and 1/4 cup ketchup. I used 15 oz can of tomato sauce and ketchup, and skipped the 1 cup of water that was added next.
  • Simmer for about 10 minutes until the sauce is the consistency of ketchup. I also added in one chopped red pepper because it was going to go bad if I didn't.
  • I serve over rice, but traditionally, Sloppy Joes are served over a toasted hamburger bun or roll.

Edited by BikeBookBread
Preventing the death of a kitten (Joe's changed to Joes)