Menu

Strange Cable Problem

The previous tenants email should be sitting resident at the cable company's server not in your house. That should be accessible anywhere the company wishes to give the other guy access. As the account isn't in your name and you don't seem to desire an account with this company I don't see how it's your problem. Sounds more like some attempt at hijacking cable service or such. I wouldn't be letting them into my house.

A SAHM who homeschools with small children sounds like the next great dectective series.

"She solves crime while keeping the home fires burning...or was that spam on the stove."

"Modern technology has allowed our protagonist to do all of her footwork from the privacy of her own home, with a toddler at her feet. Little did she know her next great case would start with a knock on her own door."

Read more about it in "The Cable Conundrum".

Aubrey, I did a google of 'Charter Cable Scams' and found a ton of complaints. They do not sound like a legitimately run company at all. Do not open the door to these people. If they return to your home, keep your door locked, call your security or police immediately. Have no more contact with them. Here are a few links to complaints:

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/charter-communications-c19136.html

A SAHM who homeschools with small children sounds like the next great dectective series.

"She solves crime while keeping the home fires burning...or was that spam on the stove."

"Modern technology has allowed our protagonist to do all of her footwork from the privacy of her own home, with a toddler at her feet. Little did she know her next great case would start with a knock on her own door."

Oh, oh! I want to read the next installment.:lol::lol::lol: Paula, I may have to use that as an example for a good hook for writing class this morning.

Aubrey, everything about this sounds wrong. I'm with the pps about contacting the local police instead of campus security. While we have teased you a bit, it is a serious matter that you don't want to delay action on, no matter how uncomfortable you may feel. You have my sincere wishes for a peaceful and uneventful day. Burning spam is fine.;)

Omigosh, I would totally read that. But mostly I'd be interested in how the heroine worked logic, forensic science, and socratic method into her homeschooling curriculum...and how she documented it.

It's like Frindle with a side dish of Columbo. Except your dh thinks you're Monk.

Well, my DH seems to be very onboard with the conspiracy theory. I let him read the thread to see if he could think of anything they need to plug in (he's a computer guru). He said there is no way he'd let them in. They could install a camera, microphone, data transfer device... anything. The email will be on a server somewhere... not in your house. There is nothing to do with his computer, email, etc in your house.

I'd be calling the cops the first glimpse of anything that even looks remotely like that truck. :grouphug: This is one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard of...

I think you should go down to the real police station -- perhaps anti-stalking laws might apply. At any rate, you may be able to file a complaint and get a case number. Ask to see a detective, and be prepared to wait for one, or visit again when a detective is there. IMO, in person is more effective than via telephone. The police might also be able to look up the former tenant.

And, in some areas, restraining orders, etc. can be processed on a county as well as a local police level. The front of a phone book can be a mine of info on agencies & services.

Your situation is making me nervous -- I hope you'll give us an update.

Edited by Alessandra