Menu

How many square feet is in your home? How many people live there?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are in 300 square feet- five people. No I didn't forget a zero. We've been here for 6 months. By the fall of 2010 we'll be in 725 sq ft and then by fall 2012 we'll have 1000 sq ft and fall 2013 we'll have 1300. Then we'll be done building and be debt free and fairly self sufficient on 15 acres shared with my sister and my parents on a family homestead/farming endeavor.

I encourage you to down size, but I DON'T recommend downsizing to 300 sq ft! lol!

We have 1250 square feet, 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom. There are 6 people, 4 cats, and a medium-sized dog living here.

The room that would have been a parlor when the house was built is our school room. It's about 12'x10' in dimension. My husband runs his IT business from the stair landing, which is about 9'x6'...just big enough for an L shaped desk and couple of shelves.

We have a mostly worthless detached garage. It is not very weather proof and the door isn't easy enough to open to use as a garage. It stores our lawn stuff and junk basically.

We went from 2000 to 3200. I originally wanted about 2500 until DH fell in love with this house. I still wish we had gotten the 2500. This one is too big in my opinion. We are toying with the idea of moving and I would love to move to a smaller house.

BTW, it may be big to some people, but it was very reasonably priced, so I have no regrets about that.