Menu

What is too old to have a baby...for you?

44 is the age i have set in my head, but honestly, i'd probably love to be pregnant until menopause if my health stays good.

i'm 40 and just had my 3rd babykins. i'm really tired, but over the moon happy. my other dc are older and are a big help, so that makes a difference.

school didn't get done today, though, and i feel defeated about that. the little one is ruling the place right now.

I want to be done by the time I'm 30 (no throwing stones at the young mom over here! LOL!!!!) - I'd really like to have a career as either a midwife or just a doula or midwife's assistant.... or maybe a lactation consultant, beginning when my youngest is in the teen years...

This may change, but considering the fact that I'm on baby #3 and I still have a few years to be "done", I think it's likely that 30 will be 'the end' for me.

Well, I had my last child at 42, and it was, by far, the easiest delivery of my three.

I love having a young child in the house, and, as someone else mentioned, I believe it helps keep me young! I get down on the floor and play dolls, cards, play board games, have tea parties, etc., with my children.

Of course, I am the child of older parents, so it wasn't a foreign idea to me to have a child "later in life." My mom was 38 and my dad was ---sit down---68!---when I was born. My father was a very active parent; he, too, used to sit down on the floor with me to have tea parties (one of my fondest memories!). He also taught me to play chess, he instilled a love for learning in me that continues to this day, and, I was blessed to have him in my life until I was 22.

IMO, as long as you are healthy, willing, and able, you are not "too old" to have a child.

For me, the magic age is 30. I really don't want to have any more biological children at this point (I'm 25 with 4 kids), but I'm open to adopting ages 2 and up.

I want to be done by the time I'm 30 (no throwing stones at the young mom over here! LOL!!!!) - I'd really like to have a career as either a midwife or just a doula or midwife's assistant.... or maybe a lactation consultant, beginning when my youngest is in the teen years...

Hmm. Are you sure you're not me?

This may change, but considering the fact that I'm on baby #3 and I still have a few years to be "done", I think it's likely that 30 will be 'the end' for me.

That's me :) I'm 29 and we're done (bitter-sweet). I am a CLC working for the US Department of Agriculture's WIC program and will be pursuing my IBCLC when my youngest is not so young. I'm also a Certified Postpartum Doula but I'm laying that aside for the LC work.

I wanted to be done by the time I was 30 and I was gonna squeak one more in. But our family size is good for us, and for the standards we want to hold ourselves to as parents. We wouldn't be able to do everything we wanted with them if we had more. Harsh realitly for me. But happeir kids in our case I think.

I got pregnant with my youngest when I was 43. I almost keeled over when the doctor told me. It was a better pregnancy and childbirth than my first. I had a home birth, easy as those things go.

I have more patience and less energy than I did with my first. I have a lot more experience and ds benefits from that. In our case, I also have the benefit of modeling mothering skills to my daughter now that she's older. Very soon she'll have her own children and she's been watching me raise her brother for the past 10 years.

More and more women are having children in their 40's. It doesn't seem to be much different than having them in your 30's. I think it's fine for a woman in her 40's to have children if she can afford to and is prepared to raise children for the next 25 years.