Menu

S/O Shred DVD Workout

Since posting the other day about my first experience with the Shred workout Level 1, I have been walking around like an old woman! I'm amazed at how my front thighs feel even still. But even so, I am determined to keep going. Today I will work out again, even though I'm still very sore. And I will be using my upright piano to do a standing modified push-up.

If anyone would like to use this thread for the purpose of accountability along with me, please feel free. I am planning to do the workout 3 x per week, probably M,W & F to begin. Hopefully, as I get stronger I will want to do it more often. But at this time I want to start out right and not burnout.

After I do the workout today I'll post again to confirm it was done.

Here's to good health and lost, unwanted pounds my friends!! ;)

Blessings,

Lucinda

Well, I have to say it was very rough, but I persevered. I did have to cut off just short of finishing due to a late start and having to be at an appointment. But I feel satisfied that I did my best.

The pain is great in my thighs still. <<sigh>>

Blessings,

Lucinda

smiley-bounce005.gif

Yay! Good for you!

I started last Thursday so today is going to be day 6 for me. I was doing it in the mornings but I had other stuff happening today in the a.m. & then I went for a 2hr hike with my dogs. But I'm determined to do it before I go to bed tonight.

The first few days I felt it most in my abs. I thought I was having an appendicitis attack :D or IBS or something! And then I realized it wasn't my insides, it was my ab muscles LOL.

Keep going! I am amazed at day six and the lack of soreness in my legs. Like you, I also could barely walk and felt every muscle in my legs that first week. I did two days in a row even though they hurt and then gave them a break. I then did two more and took a break. So I think figuring out what works for you is the best. Working out when you are sore is okay too, just remember to give yourself some breaks to recover. Good job ladies. I'll think of you when I'm huffing and puffing this afternoon. ruby

I did this from the middle of June through the middle of July. I could hardly walk after the first day! However, later on, I found that, while I was sore in the morning, once I actually did the workout it helped to reduce the soreness. So, I don't if I would be kind of stiff in the morning or what, but if I persevered and did it any way, it would alleviate some of that soreness.

FWIW, I am now doing a shortened version of her No More Trouble Zones four times a week. I sometimes throw in the Level 3 of the Shred on one of those days. I really feel much better than I used to and hope to stick with doing something four days per week.

So, hang in there and keep going!!

You all give me hope and encouragement. It would be so easy to give up and quit, but thanks to you I want to keep going.

I'll report in again tomorrow for the accountability. Anyone else that needs to do the same, this is a great place to do it and you are among friends.

Blessings,

Lucinda