Menu

iPhone/Touch - Math Drill App (MUS users esp might like)

I've been finally taking the time today to see what i have, what else there is to buy and all that jazz.

We use MUS so the order of the facts doesn't fall into a normal pattern, which makes some of the apps frustrating/useless. I don't need a range you know? Then there is the fact that this is for my DD with learning issues - including vision issues. Some of the apps i have just won't work because of the font they use.

However, I think i just found PERFECTION - or as close as i'm going to get today. I am trying out Math Drills Lite, which is the free version of Math Drills. That adds in student tracking and bunch of other stuff. It's a clean font and interface, the keypad entry for entering the answers is set up 10-key style. Obviously, someone put THOUGHT into this app.

So the MUS user in me LOVES this feature right here (and that you can turn off/on the blocks & number lines and such), you can build your own chart!! (i'm including a screen chart of what i just built for DD). You can also do missing parts to solve for too.....

IMG_0002.png

Now if only i could find a clock app that used hands moving together like a Judy Clock, and a coin application that used coins that were either the proper size or at least proportionate. These are things that my DD struggles with....

And here is a shot of "solving for the unknown" for drill.

IMG_0003.png

Hope this helps someone!

ETA: Oh, in going to the website, there is a Mac Desktop Version available too!! I'll have to save up for that. http://www.instantinteractive.com/drills.html

Edited by TraceyS/FL
apparently there is a Mac desktop version!!

I just bought the full version - and there is even MORE customization on it. Don't like the chalkboard look - pick another theme.... each student gets it's own settings too.

AND, as i was setting it up.... the oldest decided to do a Couch 2 5K run on the treadmill. HMPH. Can't play anymore can i?

But i'm happy with the $1.99 i just spent. Now watch, tomorrow it will be on sale... LOL!!